Insurance HELP

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You wanna play you gotta pay.

This may be your dumbest post yet. I have no problem paying to play but I do have a problem paying well over double the normal to play and getting the same product. Kind of like buying a new sled that works better than a custom built thing that cost twice as much if you can relate?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sean, as a VARDA member you qualify for discounted insurance through Oasis Insurance. Give Ken or Shelley a call at 18669792747

Exactly what I was going to say. Anyone that belongs to an ABCSC club can get great rates through oasis. I priced it out last year and there was no comparison.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I understand:

Collision covers damages to YOUR sled if it's your fault. You pay a deductible and it gets fixed. Collision also does the footwork for you when you are not at fault they contact the other's insurance and arrange compensation. The third party liability of the other person's coverage will cover the costs if it's not your fault. If you don't have collision, you have to contact the other person's insurance yourself. You are still covered if it's not your fault and you have no collision.

Basically, collision is the most abused part of insurance. People have been known to duct tape their throttles, pull the starter and let it rip into the trees total it, and make a claim. That is why it's so expensive. (and for the honest people who hit the odd tree and total it, you are covered too) Nothing more. It is a high risk part of insuring a sled for the insurer..

Third party liability will cover damages to others, injuries up to whatever $$ you choose, 200g's, a million etc., and the other parties damages to their vehicle.

If your sled burns to the ground, or gets stolen, in your garage/back yard, you are covered under fire/theft. If a tree falls on your sled when it is parked in your yard, I am not sure.

If it's being transported, Im unsure if your auto insurance covers it if it becomes damaged. If it becomes a projectile, then I think your auto covers that..

I welcome someone from the insurance industry to please correct me if I'm wrong.

This is what I have been told.

Insurance companies will NOT cover your costs if someone else hits you and you don't have collision. Trust me, it's a huge fight to get any sort of response back from them even months later... just cuz I didn't have collision :(

Maxwell... BCSF has some insurance company they deal with, check their website.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I was going to say. Anyone that belongs to an ABCSC club can get great rates through oasis. I priced it out last year and there was no comparison.

Just called they can't sell to albertans at this time but they are working on it. This thread must be busy she said her phone has been ringing off the hook with sledders lol

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Just called they can't sell to albertans at this time but they are working on it. This thread must be busy she said her phone has been ringing off the hook with sledders lol

do you not have a valemount address?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on who you speak to, I deal with TD, have for 15 years and insure 7 vehicles with them... 2 trucks, 2 sleds, 2 quads & a car for $2100/yr

Don't know the exact #'s but I think the wifes 2011 M6 is around $200 and my 07 M8 is 160-ish... they know we ride the mountains and we carry full coverage on both which includes ghost riding into trees & dropping off cliffs.... they'r just happy our life insurance is elsewhere.....
You best be checking into this. I have been insuring through the same agent for 23 years and she's ALWAYS found me the best rates...160 to 200 bucks might get you PL/PD, but there's no way that's collision....I've never seen it for less than 1200 bucks or so on a sled. If this is in fact correct, we'll all be headed to TD Ins this afternoon....

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You best be checking into this. I have been insuring through the same agent for 23 years and she's ALWAYS found me the best rates...160 to 200 bucks might get you PL/PD, but there's no way that's collision....I've never seen it for less than 1200 bucks or so on a sled. If this is in fact correct, we'll all be headed to TD Ins this afternoon....

Dave, i've got mine thru Intac and my pro with 2 mil liable is aroud 400$ a year. But also have vehicles and house with them.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I understand:

Collision covers damages to YOUR sled if it's your fault. You pay a deductible and it gets fixed. Collision also does the footwork for you when you are not at fault they contact the other's insurance and arrange compensation. The third party liability of the other person's coverage will cover the costs if it's not your fault. If you don't have collision, you have to contact the other person's insurance yourself. You are still covered if it's not your fault and you have no collision.

Basically, collision is the most abused part of insurance. People have been known to duct tape their throttles, pull the starter and let it rip into the trees total it, and make a claim. That is why it's so expensive. (and for the honest people who hit the odd tree and total it, you are covered too) Nothing more. It is a high risk part of insuring a sled for the insurer..

Third party liability will cover damages to others, injuries up to whatever $$ you choose, 200g's, a million etc., and the other parties damages to their vehicle.

If your sled burns to the ground, or gets stolen, in your garage/back yard, you are covered under fire/theft. If a tree falls on your sled when it is parked in your yard, I am not sure.

If it's being transported, Im unsure if your auto insurance covers it if it becomes damaged. If it becomes a projectile, then I think your auto covers that..

I welcome someone from the insurance industry to please correct me if I'm wrong.

This is what I have been told.

I was just in the process of re-insuring mine this morning and asked the question about damage while transporting the machine. My agent made the call and damage while transporting is covered under comprehensive (no collision) through Oasis. The basic explanation is comprehensive covers anything when the machine isn't being ridden. I ended up going with 1 million liability, enhanced accident benefits (added disability, ambulance and rescue coverage), comprehensive damage coverage for $12,000 value and it cost me just over $350. Edit - $500 deductible

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Your right, I was wrong on the $$$'s

2011 M6 Full coverage $500 deductable on colision is $390/yr and the 2007 M8 Full coverage $500 deductable on collision is $254... and again confirmed that that covers all perils, cliff/avalanche/off the trailer/ grizzly attack/fire from brake left on/ rock the size of a volkswagon/ and most importantly TREES.....

I was behind the times on my #'s....the 98 polaris was $108 and the 98 & 99 summits were $134 each...

TD has been very good to me.... my diesel is under $500/yr for full coverage and the SVX is under $900 as a daily driver except they won't cover glass on it apparently $3500 for a windshield is too steep for them...

Last edited:

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably a little late to this thread, but I get my insurance through AMA. I got an 2009 Renegade (600) and a 2003 Rev (600) and a 2006 Outlander (800) and my total insurance for all three is under $700. That includes everything (collision too). You don't need an auto policy as long as you buy AMA's roadside assistance which is like $90 a year.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got off the phone with Capri insurance (they work with BCSF)

$576 for a year, all perils for a $17,000 sled, $500 deductible .. this includes a 35% discount (25% BCSF membership and 10% skidoo discount, i ch!t you not! she said those come with a immobilizer (dess key) so you get 10%.. sweet!)

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got off the phone with Capri insurance (they work with BCSF)

$576 for a year, all perils for a $17,000 sled, $500 deductible .. this includes a 35% discount (25% BCSF membership and 10% skidoo discount, i ch!t you not! she said those come with a immobilizer (dess key) so you get 10%.. sweet!)
I wonder if Polaris would get some similiar? They don't have the immobiliser, but they do have the security system. You can start the sled, but you can't get the rpm above 2500 I think. Whatever it is, it isn't high enough for the clutch to engage. Only way to get it reprogrammed is through a dealer.

schwindt

Reaction score
I am a broker, anyone have any questions let me know I also have rates on hand for OASIS (Lloyds of London program). If you have claims you pay out the ass, claims free = fair premiums with these guys.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right, I was wrong on the $$$'s

2011 M6 Full coverage $500 deductable on colision is $390/yr and the 2007 M8 Full coverage $500 deductable on collision is $254... and again confirmed that that covers all perils, cliff/avalanche/off the trailer/ grizzly attack/fire from brake left on/ rock the size of a volkswagon/ and most importantly TREES.....

I was behind the times on my #'s....the 98 polaris was $108 and the 98 & 99 summits were $134 each...

TD has been very good to me.... my diesel is under $500/yr for full coverage and the SVX is under $900 as a daily driver except they won't cover glass on it apparently $3500 for a windshield is too steep for them...

I'll be calling TD when back from vacation.

The crappy thing is: I have a house claim (hail) in progress...and a vehicle claim (hail) in progress....it'll be kind of hard to dump them until I get those settled out.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This may be your dumbest post yet. I have no problem paying to play but I do have a problem paying well over double the normal to play and getting the same product. Kind of like buying a new sled that works better than a custom built thing that cost twice as much if you can relate?

This could be your dumbest post to date. If you can relate.

Top Bottom