If you were buying new? What would you buy?

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IF I was to buy a new quad,stricktly based on price......850 sportsman
I can buy 2 for the price of 1 outy 800 (7995.00)
But once Im done with my outlander,i'll get a rzr

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a ride yesterday with my buddy and his new RZR S and I was VERY impressed with it's capabilities. We were going through 3 foot deep rain ruts that had my Rhino lifting tires way off the ground but that long travel RZR stayed planted and got through everything with no trouble even though he has probably 5" less clearance than I do. If I had the money to make a trade I'd be seriously considering it...and I absolutely HATE Polaris' so that's saying something.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
i agree, unfortuneltly.. the rzr 900 is the ticket... even the normal rzr is the ticket... definitly my choice over the commander.. strictly from a performance viewpoint.

even thou i like can-am's... can-am's first year is a learning year for them.. hopefully they learn from the performance aspect or the rzr..

now the 900 XP is wider in its stance and is more suited for desert and open trail.. with some of our tight trails, the 900 could'nt go where the rest can.. thats the only problem.

now for buying a quad, if i had unlimited cash... rene or outty, no question..
but i won't get into, why. :d

The normal rzr is the ticket over the commander from a preformance veiwpoint? I can see how you would say that with it being more of a buggy style... but 86 horsepower over thier 55? we had them both at brule and the commander just destroyed the rzr... But I guess that would depend on what kind of proformance aspect your talking. IMO :beer:

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok. out in brule hp would be the ticket so the 900xp rzr would destroy the commander ..

hes prob talking for all out performance in woods ect. everywhere not just going up a sand dune.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also talking about the 900 wider stance. its pretty rare for me to see a trail one would not go down.

in fact i cant think of any tbh.

and the suspension on that 900 will take you alot further than the commander or the normal rzr.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a couple rzr 900's in vega on the weekend didn't seen like they were going down the trails very fast but the suspension worked amassing watched one maneuver through some 2 foot deep quad ruts like nothing. would have liked to have seen them out on the power line in the open.

tazerdogg

Reaction score
I think there is one other thing to consider buying any quad a guy could......its the dealer. I dont care how good the machine is, if you can't get good service then what do you really have? I would seriously consider buying from one of the better dealers in your area. Talk to some of your friends and find out the good and the bad. Who is going to be there for you after the sale. I'm a Yamaha guy myself, and thought for years that they were just the best. Then a deal came up in my family from my bro's brother-in-law. Work wasnt going so good for him and needed to sell the quad, a Kawi 750 BF. So I bought it for 2 reasons, one was to help the guy out rather than see him give it back to the bank, and of course the price was right. I figured I would use it through hunting season and then sell it if I didn't like it......It's an awesome machine. I get good service from either of my dealers and so it all worked out in the end for me. Just make sure that the dealer is going to be there for you later on when you need them. Good luck with your machine.

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not a 700 but my kingquad 450 has 5500 km on it and it is still holding together pretty good. Though one problem with the older kq's is there that there motor mount s are slightly weak and need replaced over time.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to see a good debate about the Canam 800 and Polaris 850 xp..........

Wait ..... There's a thread for that I think .... I seen it somewhere ..... Hahaha

Oh ya ..... I read 850xp is the best So I guess I'd buy one of them

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I now drive 6 hours to deal with T&T.......nuff said.:beer::beer:

Nice!!! Good to know, have been hearing this alot!! As stated up there a few comments, excellent service from the dealer is almost more important than the machine ya run!! LOL

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for the which is better....The new Can ams look like Polaris's anyways:d, but have heard lots of good things about both. If ya ride it like ya stole it be prepared to fix it, no matter what brand! :)

Top Bottom