If you were buying new? What would you buy?

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well .. just got back from Edmonton ..quad shopping ..had it down to a 07 brute 650i ...900 kms ...and a 2007 King quad 700 with 700 kms ...it was a hard choice ..the brute needed tie rod ends and a winch replacement ...the Kingquad was pretty much new condition ...so I went with the KQ cuz of fuel injection and the low hours ...FAKKKKK ...get home wouldnt start ..its got the electrical KQ gremlin !!!! Pulled out my Multi metre and theres a electrical drain with the key off !!! anyone know the solution ..yes I know disconnect the battery or ECU after use !! or pull the fuse ..but anyone have first hand experience fixing this issue !! man shoulda listened to my gut and bought the Brute !!!! arrrrrrrrr

another reason why i dont buy used :d

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was to go out today and buy new and keep it fairly stock? 800 Can-am XMR no question

If i was to go out buy new and do heavy mods? 2012 Brute Force

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its used always ride it first and see how it feels.

also tie rods are nothing to change out.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 king and I just put a trickle charger on it when boy using it for as long time. It usually lasts about a month and will still start my quad.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brutes are awesome and no shortage of power with the kawi v-twin!

Sent from my white iPhone 4

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was getting A new qaud today It would be A outty 800 max or A brute 750, but I can't see updating my little outty 500 max xt any time soon still very happy.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont buy use quads and yes the chevelle is used and if they come out with a new chevelle i would be the first to own one :d

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well .. just got back from Edmonton ..quad shopping ..had it down to a 07 brute 650i ...900 kms ...and a 2007 King quad 700 with 700 kms ...it was a hard choice ..the brute needed tie rod ends and a winch replacement ...the Kingquad was pretty much new condition ...so I went with the KQ cuz of fuel injection and the low hours ...FAKKKKK ...get home wouldnt start ..its got the electrical KQ gremlin !!!! Pulled out my Multi metre and theres a electrical drain with the key off !!! anyone know the solution ..yes I know disconnect the battery or ECU after use !! or pull the fuse ..but anyone have first hand experience fixing this issue !! man shoulda listened to my gut and bought the Brute !!!! arrrrrrrrr

you were warned about the king quad issues. :nono:

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I were to buy/ afford a new machine. I would go for a KTM 525xc or a can-am DS450xc in the 2wd race type. If I were going for a 4X4 it would deffinetly be a can-am renagade 800r.

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2012 Brute with 2" lift and 29.5 Laws and HID's. Black out the rest.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why would you do something like that when you could go with a rzr 900xp?
i agree, unfortuneltly.. the rzr 900 is the ticket... even the normal rzr is the ticket... definitly my choice over the commander.. strictly from a performance viewpoint.

even thou i like can-am's... can-am's first year is a learning year for them.. hopefully they learn from the performance aspect or the rzr..

now the 900 XP is wider in its stance and is more suited for desert and open trail.. with some of our tight trails, the 900 could'nt go where the rest can.. thats the only problem.

now for buying a quad, if i had unlimited cash... rene or outty, no question..
but i won't get into, why. :d

Top Bottom