I would like to relocate my rad

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to relocate my rad, I have a 700 king what angel do I set it at? and do you change something at the neck of the rad so the rad can be filled right up, or does it not mater? Any thing I haven't thought of that you know I should consider would be appreciated.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to relocate my rad, I have a 700 king what angel do I set it at? and do you change something at the neck of the rad so the rad can be filled right up, or does it not mater? Any thing I haven't thought of that you know I should consider would be appreciated.

Good question. My Wild Boar kit left the rad vertical enough that I can get it to fill pretty cose without unbolting the rad. I figure any air pcoket at the top of the rad would get pushed out into the overflow jug when the coolant expands. However, what do you guys with the lower profile rads do? Do you unbolt the rad everytime you need to flush/fill/check it?

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should suck some out of the overflow if it isnt quite full shouldnt it? Not saying to use it as the way to fill the whole rad but if it needs a little to top off it should pull a little.

Sent while not working too hard

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should suck some out of the overflow if it isnt quite full shouldnt it? Not saying to use it as the way to fill the whole rad but if it needs a little to top off it should pull a little.

Well, that's kinda what I figured, but I'm thinking it could potentially cause an air lock. I haven't had an issue so far, but I'm not sure if it's just luck that it didn't air lock on me.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the can am kit you just undo the back bolts and tip the rad forward, I think Rubberdown is developing a tilt kit for this application.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the can am kit you just undo the back bolts and tip the rad forward, I think Rubberdown is developing a tilt kit for this application.

Oh that's a great idea! Once I get my machines up and running again, I'll have to see if I can rig up a decent looking hinge.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I can find the right winged bolt I could do it by hand just to make it easier, or get a welder for a few minutes and weld a half a washer on the existing bolt.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the info I have ordered a Wild Boar kit the cost is $210 after delivery to my door, It looks better then what I could come up with now the wait. A I 'm waiting for my big bore kit for my 700 king, witch will be 750.1cc oh ya.

Top Bottom