*** Hwy 16 Jasper closed ***

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Just a heads up for peeps heading out that way. Reading Canadiankings FB and said hiway closed til at least 9bells. Sounded like there was a accident.

HWY93 is also closed due to an avy

Be careful out there!!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Right from AMA's site

Highway alert: Parks Canada, advising Highway 16, from Jasper West Gate to Mt.Robson Park is closed due to a collision. Estimated time of re-opening is 9:00 pm. Highway 93, both directions are closed from Jasper to Lake Louise due to poor driving conditions, expected time of re-opening is Saturday 3:00 pm:eek:. Parks Canada advising Highway 1 from Field to Golden will remain closed until Saturday morning, both directions due to avalanche hazard. Travelers to Alberta take Highway 95 to Radium Hot Springs and then highway 93 to Castle Junction. Travelers to BC take Highway 93 to Radium Hot Springs and Highway 95 to Golden. For road conditions and road closure information for highways in British Columbia please call Drive BC at 1-800-550-4997 or visit Drive BC

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
HERE IS THE DRIVE BC POST....DON'T LOOK GOOD...

Highway 16 Both Directions
Closed in both directions 65 km east of Junction with Highway 5, in Tete Jaune Cache because of Vehicle Incident. Estimated time of opening is 12:00am, confidence level low. Next update time 9:00 pm. Updated on Fri Jan 14 at 5:09 pm. (ID# 106825)
Jan 14, 2011 05:09 PM

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks. Was headed to Valmount at 1:00 AM Sat. At least didn,t get half way and then to turn back

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
newest update......:(:(

Highway 16 Both Directions
Closed in both directions 65 km east of Junction with Highway 5, in Tete Jaune Cache because of Vehicle Incident. Estimated time of opening is 7:00 am Sat Jan 15th, confidence level low. Next update time 11:00 pm. Updated on Fri Jan 14 at 9:37 pm. (ID# 106825)
Jan 14, 2011 09:37 PM

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was told 45 min ago that could take up to 6 hours! Guy stopping traffic sid something about a propane truck, he didnt clarify.

Sled Den

Reaction score
They are waiting on a hazmat crew to come and remove the propane truck before it can be moved safely. Estimated time of re-opening is 10:00am Jan 15/2011. Last updated at 6:55am

Reaction score
yep im stuck in jasper just heard 3pm opening. gah

just went for a drive around jasper semis as far as the eye can see. even once it opens the backlog will be over an hour

littlehoe

Reaction score
We are Stuck on the valemount side. About 7km from the tete junction in a line of traffic. We were lucky and got a room in vale last night. Now we are just gonna wait in line lol. The semis are lined up in vale the same as Jasper. Its crazy. No word here when we may get moving.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should get moving soon. They are waiting for the truck to show up so that they can haul the wrecked propane truck away. The emergency response guys from the propane company were there this morning about 6am to take care of the leak in the tank. So should just be waiting to get the truck loaded safely onto a wrecker and get it hauled away.

Krystal

Reaction score
Hello....

Does anyone know if the highway is back open? My husband is trying to get through to Ft. Mac, and left yesterday morning. He made it as far as he could go, but last I heard from him (yesterday, 3:30 pm) he was headed into Valmount. His bank card shows no hotel charges, or even a restaurant charge. I am extremely worried as I have no idea where he is and there is no cell service in that entire area. I had assumed he would at least stop to eat, as I only packed him a small lunch yesterday morning. I heard there was an accident as well.... If anyone knows if the highway is open again, please post...I'm very worried!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hes fine theres about 5000 people stuck in traffic with no cell coverage. highways not open yet. maybe he had cash for a meal and alot of people are just sleeping in their trucks as there is no rooms available

Top Bottom