how many polaris's were blown up on weekend

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i'm pretty sure mine was the first one. it happened on friday about 5 miles down the trial on silent pass in golden. That sure started the weekend off right

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did it burn in? Running to lean? With my constant tweaking of my jets I'm glad I installed an EGT.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think it was the yamaha and doo guys- i was the only polaris in the trailer. lol just kidding. it seized the crank and piston. not sure how yet. maybe the oil pump quit. find out more this weekend

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have heard too many stories about the oil pumps craping out on polaris's, might be safer to eliminate the pump and run premix.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think it was the yamaha and doo guys- i was the only polaris in the trailer. lol just kidding. it seized the crank and piston. not sure how yet. maybe the oil pump quit. find out more this weekend

Probably just the piston seized (cranks don't seize, crank bearings go, crank seals fail, or cranks break?). If you seized a piston/ring not a big deal...easy fix. Just got to find out why so it does'nt happen next ride. Crank seal? Oiler?

You ride an 02 800RMK carb right?... according to you profile info. Could be crap plugging the jet on the burned side leaning it out?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Yep, here's rmk800 at km 5 on Friday. Too bad, I felt for you at that moment and then...mine lasted until Sunday at about 5 km's from the trucks on the way back at Gorman.

Attachments

• IMG_8948_1.jpg
    IMG_8948_1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 106

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you diagnost the problem yet? Other than no BRAAAP,BRAAAP.:eek:

Top Bottom