How do I become as cool as some albertans?

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont have loud exhau... Never mind

Sent from my LT15a using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having been born in BC (lower mainland/island ) and spent half my life in BC and now half in Alberta,here are a few observations......
When i left BC (1983ish) it was with mixed emotions,but with years of NDP goverments and labour troubles i felt more options were avaible in Alberta.
Funny thing is ,imo Alberta is now what BC was when i left........A great place but change was coming. Now when i go back to BC(often) it is not the same. I go back now and for the most part am greeted by wingnut tree huggers,wine makers,herb farms and the ever popular grow opps............... THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON BC !! Just some things have changed more than i like,for me......Alberta is heading down this road but we are a long way behind,thank goodness...

Alberta,has been very good to me,but has it`s drawbacks......lol. In rural Alberta the people are not as friendly as BC,and the all though we have been here 25 years apx. ,we are still the newcomers..........lol. Gotta be born here, i guess.........As for freedom ,making a good living and being proud of an honest days work Alberta is tough to beat. Let`s face it the people who dont want to work ,don`t live in cold Alberta ,they move to BC. That`s just the way it is........lol.

Alberta is tough to beat.If we are called Rednecks or whatever,so be it i love to work hard and play hard. lived that way in BC too....
Are there things i miss about BC,yes. Are there things i don`t miss (rain) , yes............They both are wonderful places to live with many pros and cons. Being a little older than most on here, i would live in Alberta and travel to BC ,is the advice i give our kids....lol

We have many friends / relatives in vancouver, the Island and the OK. and they all say " my house is worth a million" and i say all that means is unless you sell it and move where housing is cheaper ,all that means is you have a HUGE mortgage !!!You make about the same or less money than here,but your payments are twice as much.............GREAT.
I have a "friend" who was an electrition in salmon arm,when the economy went south he lost his house. I told him to come out to Alberta and work here part time, he told me he would rather lose his house than work out here..........!!!

Both provinces are great places to live,one of the best places on earth !!! One is not better than the other,just suttle differences in the way we live our lives..................

Last edited:

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Money doesn't buy happiness, but I've found living in the mountains brings happiness. Just my observation. Your mileage may vary.

Thats right. I don't think Billionaires are any happier than Millionaires. lol

TB

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow these comments have only been posted in every single thread on this site. Alberta vs. BC is still a debate?

get over it already.

HID power

Reaction score
mabey someday these Albortions will get over it ???

Is the largest employer in Nelson still the government.....EI cheques

Hey one eye.....do you at least get a 10 year pin or a watch after being on it so many years as you do with real employers??

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever cook bacon on the BBQ? Did that last night...man it was fawkin' sweet! Puts a nice little char on it with some smoky flavour. Cook it on low though, or she will flare up on you.

Anything cooked over charcoal, real stuff not the pressed cubes, is good.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever cook bacon on the BBQ? Did that last night...man it was fawkin' sweet! Puts a nice little char on it with some smoky flavour. Cook it on low though, or she will flare up on you.
Tried it once and I just burned the ch!t out of it.

Top Bottom