Horse Rescue up the Renshaw

Falling Star

Reaction score
does the horse on the right have signs of hair growing back or has it permanently damaged the hair growth

Update from the SPCA: Belle's coat has started to grow back in. I am sure in time she will have a beautiful coat once again.

Falling Star

Reaction score
YUP, ARTICLE IN PAGE 7 OF THE EDMONTON SUN, SAYS MCKAY WILL NOT GET HIS HORSES BACK AS RULED BY THE B.C. SPCA:d....... BUT, MACKAY WILL BE ALLOWED TO APPEAL THE RULING IN COURT. :mad:

Couldn't find the one in the Edmonton Sun, but this one was in the Calgary Sun.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! Great Job everyone. What a touching story, with a happy ending. It is nice to read that the horses are recovering.

Falling Star

Reaction score
SPCA submits charges to Crown Counsel in Prince George, Jan. 26
See press release from SPCA

Attachments

• Media release Jan. 26.doc
    37 KB · Views: 96

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well---we may get the outcome we were looking for, thanks Brigit.

Falling Star

Reaction score
How You Can Help

The B.C. SPCA submitted charges to Crown Counsel in Prince George on Jan. 22 so everything is now in the hands of the Crown. I was advised that it would be beneficial if people contacted the Crown with their concerns and that it may help the SPCA's case. This is the contact information that I found for the Regional Crown Counsel office. I hope it is correct.

Regional Crown Counsel, 250 George Street, Prince George, B.C., V2L 5S2
Phone: (250) 614-2640 , Fax: (250) 614-2637, email Oleh.Kuzma@gov.bc.ca <Oleh.Kuzma@gov.bc.ca>.
You may also contact Enquiry B.C. if you wish to call the Regional Crown Counsel office without incurring long distance charges.
Enquiry BC: Victoria (250) 387-6121 ; Vancouver (604) 660-2421 ; elsewhere in B.C., call toll-free 1-800-663-7867 .

Donations of Funds
I have been asked how people can donate funds strictly towards the upkeep of the two horses, Sundance and Belle. I was advised by the SPCA that people can make a donation to the B.C. SPCA and request the funds go to the "care of Belle and Sundance" (put a remark in the memo line of your cheque). HOWEVER, once the two horses are adopted out (which could happen any time now as they are now legally the SPCA's), any leftover funds can't be used anymore as the SPCA has to use the funds for whatever they were intended to. An option that was suggested to me by the SPCA is to put "care of Belle and Sundance" as a first option in the cheque's memo line, and "Horse Welfare Fund" as a second option. This way any remaining funds can be used to help other abused or neglected horses. Another option is to make a donation to the SPCA's Cruelty Investigations Department as any cruelty investigation costs a lot of money, and the B.C. SPCA relies heavily on donations to do their work. Thank you on behalf of the SPCA.

Contact info for the B.C. SPCA:
Phone (604) 681-7271 ; 1-800-665-1868 toll-free (outside the Lower Mainland, within B.C. only) or send an email to donations@spca.bc.ca <donations@spca.bc.ca> or check their website BCSPCA-How to Help the Animals - Donations.

Thank you very much for your support.

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Thanks falling star for keeping us all up to date, I will spread the word about sending support for the spca case to the crown counsel!

Great Job!

Laara

Reaction score
Re donations to the SPCA: you must notate your donation is for Bella and Sundance or the donation will go into General Revenue. If you notate it is for them then it "must" be used for them.
There is a most interesting dialogue on CBC website right now regarding this:

There are acknowledgments for you :) besides (doh) the usual uninformed comments from folk with McKay's mentality and those who don't let facts get in the way.
I would be proud to have any of you as my friend.

laserRob

Reaction score
Well---we may get the outcome we were looking for, thanks Brigit.

I agree.

Thanks, Birgit!! (Edit: Did I spell your name right? If not, let me know. Thanks!!!!)

2nd edit: I wrote: Brigit - I'm sure she'll understand. She's seen it before : )>

We ALL appreciate her effort!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good people.

Rob

Falling Star

Reaction score
I agree.

Thanks, Birgit!! (Edit: Did I spell your name right? If not, let me know. Thanks!!!!)

2nd edit: I wrote: Brigit - I'm sure she'll understand. She's seen it before : )>

We ALL appreciate her effort!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good people.

Rob

Birgit is correct. Thanks Rob.

Sara Olofsson

Reaction score
How You Can Help

The B.C. SPCA submitted charges to Crown Counsel in Prince George on Jan. 22 so everything is now in the hands of the Crown. I was advised that it would be beneficial if people contacted the Crown with their concerns and that it may help the SPCA's case. This is the contact information that I found for the Regional Crown Counsel office. I hope it is correct.

Regional Crown Counsel, 250 George Street, Prince George, B.C., V2L 5S2
Phone: (250) 614-2640 , Fax: (250) 614-2637, email Oleh.Kuzma@gov.bc.ca <Oleh.Kuzma@gov.bc.ca>.
You may also contact Enquiry B.C. if you wish to call the Regional Crown Counsel office without incurring long distance charges.
Enquiry BC: Victoria (250) 387-6121 ; Vancouver (604) 660-2421 ; elsewhere in B.C., call toll-free 1-800-663-7867 .

Donations of Funds
I have been asked how people can donate funds strictly towards the upkeep of the two horses, Sundance and Belle. I was advised by the SPCA that people can make a donation to the B.C. SPCA and request the funds go to the "care of Belle and Sundance" (put a remark in the memo line of your cheque). HOWEVER, once the two horses are adopted out (which could happen any time now as they are now legally the SPCA's), any leftover funds can't be used anymore as the SPCA has to use the funds for whatever they were intended to. An option that was suggested to me by the SPCA is to put "care of Belle and Sundance" as a first option in the cheque's memo line, and "Horse Welfare Fund" as a second option. This way any remaining funds can be used to help other abused or neglected horses. Another option is to make a donation to the SPCA's Cruelty Investigations Department as any cruelty investigation costs a lot of money, and the B.C. SPCA relies heavily on donations to do their work. Thank you on behalf of the SPCA.

Phone (604) 681-7271 ; 1-800-665-1868 toll-free (outside the Lower Mainland, within B.C. only) or send an email to donations@spca.bc.ca <donations@spca.bc.ca> or check their website BCSPCA-How to Help the Animals - Donations.

Thank you very much for your support.

I haven't heard how the money donated is actually being handed out besides the intended directions, for example, refunding the volunteers for their time, fuel, resources etc., and who is in charge of this.
And I could be speaking out of tongue on this one, but I personally know a lot of those "diggers" and they didn't do what they did to get acknowledgment, especially monetary.
They did not expect to get money back for fuel used, or hay bales donated.

Perhaps this fund should go completely to the care of Sundance and Belle until they go to their adopted families and the remaining to others horses in need currently within the care of the BC and Alberta SPCA's.
I only mention this as I had heard the intended plan for dispertion of the donated funds, and not that it would be wrong, but maybe it could be used to those who need it more.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sara talk to Barry about the money. As far as I know Barry has the funds donated from Snow and Mud. Talk to him and get a meeting between all volunteers that want to have or give their money to the horses or whatever

Falling Star

Reaction score
OK, I guess there has been some confusion with regards to this post.
I want to clarify that this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the donations received through Snow and Mud.
This post came about because I have received emails and phone calls from people (not necessarily Snow and Mudders) asking how they can donate money to the SPCA for the upkeep of the two horses while in foster care in Prince George. I have even had people send me cash, so now I have to send a cheque to the SPCA. The information was intended to save me a bunch of work by having to answer a ton of emails and phone calls every day. Sorry for the confusion. I hope this clears things up.
Birgit

Donations of Funds

Thank you very much for your support.[/QUOTE]

laserRob

Reaction score
'Hats off' to those who continue to send money to help these horses.

What a long, strange trip they've endured.

Hope they're never separated.

Rob

laserRob

Reaction score
If McBride hosts any parades during the year, it be nice to have these 2 horses participate.

Rob

Top Bottom