Horse Rescue up the Renshaw

laserRob

Reaction score
Also..............I have no doubt someone has thought about making a plaque noting the spot where these horses survived until help arrived.

What a herculean effort by all..........at Christmastime.

We read about things like this in books......and, are in awe.

This unfolded before our very eyes.

Great story, whose, final chapter, is still unfolding.

Rob

Falling Star

Reaction score
Also..............I have no doubt someone has thought about making a plaque noting the spot where these horses survived until help arrived.

What a herculean effort by all..........at Christmastime.

We read about things like this in books......and, are in awe.

This unfolded before our very eyes.

Great story, whose, final chapter, is still unfolding.

Rob

Thank you to everybody who keeps checking this thread for news.
I haven't received any updates, but know that the horses are doing quite well and are slowly gaining weight.

Falling Star

Reaction score
Pictures of Sundance and Belle at the foster farm in Prince George (Feb. 8)

Attachments

• Belle Feb. 8.jpg
    Belle Feb. 8.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Sundance 1 Feb. 8.jpg
    Sundance 1 Feb. 8.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 204
  • Sundance 2 Feb. 8.jpg
    Sundance 2 Feb. 8.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 231

Falling Star

Reaction score
Horses found new homes - one in Kamloops and one in Prince George.:)
It is unfortunate that they were split up though after all they went through.:(

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Was kind of hoping to see the horses come back to McBride. I am sure that the SPCA has chosen the best possible homes for them.

Belle and Sundance are a symbol of what a bunch of people from different walks of life (sledders/horse lovers/farmers/townspeople) can do when they get together.

We are still in the process of distributing the monies collected via donations to the website. Will give you all a full accounting in the upcoming weeks.

laserRob

Reaction score

"“We had loads of phone calls from all over, nationally and internationally,” he said. “What we tried to do was place them in the area where they (were rescued from) in consideration of the individuals who helped get them out.”
The SPCA also didn’t want to transport the horses too far, as they’re still recovering from long-term effects of the trauma."

laserRob

Reaction score
Was kind of hoping to see the horses come back to McBride. I am sure that the SPCA has chosen the best possible homes for them.

Belle and Sundance are a symbol of what a bunch of people from different walks of life (sledders/horse lovers/farmers/townspeople) can do when they get together.

We are still in the process of distributing the monies collected via donations to the website. Will give you all a full accounting in the upcoming weeks.

"The horses have now been permanently placed on farms in Prince George and Kamloops"

I live in Chicago, so I don't know how far these locations are from McBride.

Can you tell me?

Thanks.

Rob

Wanderlust

Reaction score
"The horses have now been permanently placed on farms in Prince George and Kamloops"

I live in Chicago, so I don't know how far these locations are from McBride.

Can you tell me?

Thanks.

Rob

Hi Rob, Prince George is two hours west of us and Kamloops is 4 1/2 hours south. Did you get your plans made for coming over to our neck of the woods yet?

Wanderlust

Reaction score
I just want to say a big thanks to Birgit for staying as involved as she has been. Many have moved on, but Birgit has been acting as one of the main go-to people and I just want to say thanks. :):beer:

Pawtucket

Reaction score
Seconding what Wanderlust said.

And thanking again everyone involved in getting Belle and Sundance to safety.

:):beer:

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

(You, too, Barefooter.)

Falling Star

Reaction score
Ron Charawich, Charles Michaud, Howard Polinski, Brian Zakaruk. " The Alberta sledders who stopped and helped dig (you know who you are)". Now you know who we are. It feels great to be included in this great rescue. I've been following this storey on S&M and am glad to hear that the horses are doing well and tha Mckay will not get the horses back.

To Ron Charawich, Charles Michaud, Howard Polinski, Brian Zakaruk, and the two other groups of Alberta sledders who were involved in the horse rescue:
Can you please PM me? I have received an invite to a luncheon and recognition ceremony and would like to pass it on to all the volunteers.
Thanks!

Top Bottom