Hmf pipe on 700 grizz

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just installed a HMF pipe on my 07 700 grizzly and in the instructions it says I need to install a optimizer so it will recalibrate my EFI do I really need to do this?????. And also do I need to install heat reflector tape on my inner fender and behind the pipe due to the extra heat????

sledbunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Rider!, I put the HMF pipe on my grizzly and also the optimizer as well, they do recommend that you do this. It works great!:d

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much is the optimizer???? And if I ride it this weekend and get the optimizer on Monday there shouldn't be a problem with the machine. Hey Medler did you put the optimizer on yours??

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Medler are you running that amsoil 10 40 synthetic engine oil?. I picked up some and then I picked up the Amsoil 75 90 synthetic gear oil so I can change out my the oil in my diffs.Get rid of the Quaker

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The amsoil 10 40 syn should be ok though I haven't changed over yet but I can't see a problem it's for motorcycles and atv's and the 75 90 syn diff oil should be good. Did you talk to your buddy about that optimizer thing.

cjm

Reaction score
Hey Rider, check your plug at wot. this will be the most conclusive indication. (with out an air monitor in your exhaust) Most units are set up from factory for sea level, as i am sure has been indicated here before. You can also check your plug at 25 and 50%. Chances are you were set up slightly rich previously, and should be fine. I know with my AC, i am still rich. I picked up a PC111 from Powere COmander, and i think i can make it work well, as it has the ability to SUBTRACT fuel as well, bringing it to optimum range. Bottom line is, you can't really hurt it if you are still slightly rich.

snitter

Reaction score
Just put HMF on my 09 grizzly. I put heat wrap tape on the pipe were it gets close to the fender. Also put in a Power Commander. Everything seems to work well.

Ryan800r

Reaction score
on my old 07 griz i ran the hmf pipe with a dobeck programer you should run more fuel because chances are its a bit lean and it should keep your exhaust a bit cooler i never noticed mine being that hot and the 350 bucks it might cost are well worth is worth it and as for the oil you probly know but jsut incase your griz has an internal clutch and most synthetic oils will work but will cause your internal clutch to slip and wear fast i would stick with yamalube

RedBoy400

Reaction score
Hey Medler are you running that amsoil 10 40 synthetic engine oil?. I picked up some and then I picked up the Amsoil 75 90 synthetic gear oil so I can change out my the oil in my diffs.Get rid of the Quaker

Ah good man, I wont even put QuakerStank in my lawnmower, never mind my toys xD Chit smells like rotten eggs >_<
Got all Amsoil running through all my machines :beer:

Top Bottom