Higher and Higher wood prices

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least the quality is staying good for $17...

Attachments

• 205781F1-F4C7-4CA2-8CC5-E9824BAB48AC.jpeg
    205781F1-F4C7-4CA2-8CC5-E9824BAB48AC.jpeg
    396.8 KB · Views: 187

Bury Me With My Toys

Reaction score
Still Canfor can't make 2 cents, and keeps closing more mills. Just this summer closed Isle Pierre mill, just west of PG. Canfor needs to cut out the management team, and hire people who know how to run a company, instead of closing all their mills. They should be rolling in stacks of cash, if somebody there had a clue.

Last edited:

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How and the heck is pulp loosing money when the demand is through the roof on it?
Pulp mills in Indonesia and South America not selling as much to China, so they're flooding the North American market driving prices down.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny the government hasn't done something to moderate prices

The less “government” touches the better, lumber futures are dropping so hopefully by next summer we are back to more normal prices. Would hazard not unlike pump gas, what goes up overnight takes weeks or months to drop.

Canfor cfp.to recorded a record 3rd quarter.... go figure.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to think of all the poor peeps that are in the early stages of a house build and had a quote and then lumber triples. I wonder how many builders just walked away after quoting?

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cure for high prices is high prices.

If people stop buying because the price is too high, the prices will come down.

Price controls imposed by the government are never a good thing.

Just my 2cents though. I'm not the lumber yard expert or anything...

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to think of all the poor peeps that are in the early stages of a house build and had a quote and then lumber triples. I wonder how many builders just walked away after quoting?

In the scale of a full house build, the extra lumber cost is minimal. Hasn't stopped any of the small builders I do work for. It would only be a problem for people if they are supplying lumber and had a price before it all went up. In Edmonton at least, most big builders started a ton of new houses this summer/fall.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the scale of a full house build, the extra lumber cost is minimal. Hasn't stopped any of the small builders I do work for. It would only be a problem for people if they are supplying lumber and had a price before it all went up. In Edmonton at least, most big builders started a ton of new houses this summer/fall.
Triple the price isn't going to make a difference?

Top Bottom