Higher and Higher wood prices

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a good lead for buying logs? My mill can handle 20’ long by 30” diameter.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or the dawn on newer building technologies?
Having people spread out in these old fashion timber frame homes all over the country side is terribly inefficient and hard on the environment. People need to "person up" and take resposiblity for the future of person kind.

This is what a "sustainable" home looks like. Beautiful.

View attachment 228919

Looks like a slow painful death.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im going too build my next project out of free water proof cardboard...

It will last me in my remaining years...

There are lots of affordable products too use now days,,, cheap Chinese studs,,, fake plastic panels,,, and straw boards...

They sell blue tarps so we can look like all the small towns in BC...

They will thinking we are a bunch of homeless people and cancel taxing us,,, they will give us free monthly funds too...

We dont need no stinking wood...

We can also make buildings out of used milk containers...
Then wrap the structure with Moose hides,,, or go live in a hole in the ground...

Ha...

Reporting from my non tax-ible tree fort...

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In an attempt to ease the housing shortage in Revelstoke , BC Housing is proposing a 174 unit building comprised of one 5 story building one 4 story and one 3. They plan on providing one parking space for each unit which is bound to fail immediately because we know nearly every house here has a half dozen people in it. The other fail Is nowhere to put the snow . HELLO it’s a major issue here. Time will tell how this plays out . It’s located next to Southside grocery where a school used to be.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

You got to be kidding. I didn't work hard all my life to live like that. There is no way in hell that that is in my future. Just like the gobbly-guck that you spew in your signature.

I guess it takes all kinds but there must be a special place for peeps like you. I can't imagine where that would be tho'

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got to be kidding. I didn't work hard all my life to live like that. There is no way in hell that that is in my future. Just like the gobbly-guck that you spew in your signature.

I guess it takes all kinds but there must be a special place for peeps like you. I can't imagine where that would be tho'

hahah, he's a full on troll. Nevermind him

rodney1960

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No you dont understand, it going to be FREE for everyone.
And sustainable. And equal for all. Liberal elites will live off location in Hawaii though. It's important for them to isolate from the serf class so they dont become infected from the virus. Society couldn't survive without them running the world.

You care about the environment and your fellow persons dont you?

Last edited:

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think he is just a very good Troll cause no one could actually believe in the $hit he spews.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back to topic - wood prices 71198C5B-0CC1-487A-805D-8EC6BD346E44.jpg 71198C5B-0CC1-487A-805D-8EC6BD346E44.jpg

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone is making bank on lumber right now that's for sure. No way the truckers are getting the extra money, I doubt the stores are upping their margins much on it if at all. The mills gotta be laughing all the way to the bank right now. What was it maybe a little over a year ago OSB was $7-8 bucks, $30ish now? And maybe a tiny increase in the mills costs? Just stupid.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Or the dawn of newer building technologies?
Having people spread out in these old fashion timber frame homes all over the country side is terribly inefficient and hard on the environment. People need to "person up" and take resposiblity for the future of person kind.

This is what a "sustainable" home looks like. Beautiful.

View attachment 228919

OMG, I couldn't imagine a fire in any unit that thing burn to the ground

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he is just a very good Troll cause no one could actually believe in the $hit he spews.

I like Rodny,,, he is spot on...

I like the idea of living in a crowed building of morons,,, and 12 too 17 pepole per unit...

What a great way too say good morning too 1000 people before you leave the building...

I would go to Hawaii but JT cut off my Covic pay checks,,, and they dont have enough seats on the goverment jet.. Ha

Come on folks,,, lets get serious about living the dream that is not obtainable and learn too be the poor pepole we really are...

Canada is glorified third world nation that can't stand on its own,,, thats a good thing since we can export all of our resources at the lowest prices on the planet and still be broke the next day...

A win win for sure...

Take the air out of the poor and improve the quality of life for those around the world,,, we should be grateful that the cost of living is sky rocketing faster than we expected...

Im glad that all of us get too go broke as one big happy family,,, that way we can climb into a boat and seek refuge in Newfoundland...

So lucky we are...

Poor health care,,, higher taxs,,, no relief for the doomed oil patch,,, and the loss of more jobs in the years ahead...

How lucky could we be,,, they say that Canada is the country too come too since there is free housing and $6700 tax free funds for each and every person that comes here illegally...

And if your a hardened criminal you can get a $9 million million dollar check like nothing...

Im proud too be that guy,,, we dont need no stinking money since the goverment can turn on the money machine so easy...

Sunny Days and Sunny ways is how it was said...

All I know is that Im voting Liberal next round,,, why die a slow and painful death when we can bunch it all up at once,,,, then pop off the fire works for one last time...

Might have too change the words in the song...

Strong and Poor... Ha

Reporting from my hole in the ground Lem

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, and this is a lumber thread.
Looks like some should of passed on that last puff.
People these days.

Top Bottom