Hey rhino owners!

bansheesrule

Reaction score
My guys and gals, my cousin owns a 08 700 rhino and want to and more power, something like 40plus hps! what are his best bets besides doing a engine but even that isnt out of the question, so let me know what you all have done. Thanks:beer:

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Go to rhinoforums.net, VERY informative, these guys are from sand and can get CRAZY power from there machines, is a company on there that sells all the brackets to install a 800 Rotax in a rhino. I personally went to Rigid industries and bought there power upgrade kit, came with DMC Duals, Dynatech chip and programmer, and Rigid Sheave, i think it was like 1600 Shipped, But if I was to do it again i would by locally, but no one up here knew how to machine the sheave. The kit says it has dynp charts to prove 40%more power over the entire powerband. I know that it sure woke up my rhino and love the investment. Whitecourt Yamaha can get all the exaust and chips, and they also can get a local milling shop to do the sheave. Now that I brought mine in and the know where and how much to mill.
The Sheave just gets your rollers to engage sooner and travel a little farther on the ramp thus giving more low end and more top end.
Also heard lots of guys putting turbos superchargers and big bores
I am looking at doing the Trinity Racing BBK I think its a 737 kit of something, I know a couple of guys that have them in their raptor and one guy that has it in his Rhino and they LOVE IT, had no reliablity issues yet to talk of either. just my 2 bits.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, to add 40 would take a little more $, stroker/BB. To bad there aren't more crashed CanAm's around.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to rhinoforums.net, VERY informative, these guys are from sand and can get CRAZY power from there machines, is a company on there that sells all the brackets to install a 800 Rotax in a rhino. I personally went to Rigid industries and bought there power upgrade kit, came with DMC Duals, Dynatech chip and programmer, and Rigid Sheave, i think it was like 1600 Shipped, But if I was to do it again i would by locally, but no one up here knew how to machine the sheave. The kit says it has dynp charts to prove 40%more power over the entire powerband. I know that it sure woke up my rhino and love the investment. Whitecourt Yamaha can get all the exaust and chips, and they also can get a local milling shop to do the sheave. Now that I brought mine in and the know where and how much to mill.
The Sheave just gets your rollers to engage sooner and travel a little farther on the ramp thus giving more low end and more top end.
Also heard lots of guys putting turbos superchargers and big bores
I am looking at doing the Trinity Racing BBK I think its a 737 kit of something, I know a couple of guys that have them in their raptor and one guy that has it in his Rhino and they LOVE IT, had no reliablity issues yet to talk of either. just my 2 bits.

sounds like you need to call rob at The Mod Shop in grande prairie he does tons of rhino sheave machining he bought a cnc lathe to do this and have not heard of one disappointed person who has done it here i can get his number for you

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like you need to call rob at The Mod Shop in grande prairie he does tons of rhino sheave machining he bought a cnc lathe to do this and have not heard of one disappointed person who has done it here i can get his number for you

Rob quoted me $250 to do my sheave, I can get one from UTVCrap for way less shipped.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They only make about 20 or so at the wheels, you are asking a lot from a single banger 700. Be prepared to dig deep in your wallet, contact Weller or Benchmark and do it right.

DIRT LUMP

Reaction score
Call quatom velocity performance out of red deer and talk to ron they do turbos for rhinos puts them up to 80-90hp when there only 48hp stock.hauls ass

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call quatom velocity performance out of red deer and talk to ron they do turbos for rhinos puts them up to 80-90hp when there only 48hp stock.hauls ass

Sry if it was that easy everyone would be doing it, you will have to rebuild the engine with better internals to withstand the HP.

Apextenn

Reaction score
Not sure who does them but have heard of taking apex motors and putting them in the rhino's and they rib check out on you tube their are some videos of it. I imagine it wouldnt be to bad would love to do that 150 hp in a rhino that thing would rip the only problem is it would probably break axels and a bunch of ch!t anyhow just a though as i am sure their are a few of thoes motors sitting around as well havent heard about this but what about putting a motor out of a phazer in it it is a twin with 80 hp should go okey.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sell it, buy a teryx add cams,pistons,exhaust (fundy standerd bore race kit)
90hp all day long.I wanted the rhino but cant deal with no power.

Chris

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure who does them but have heard of taking apex motors and putting them in the rhino's and they rib check out on you tube their are some videos of it. I imagine it wouldnt be to bad would love to do that 150 hp in a rhino that thing would rip the only problem is it would probably break axels and a bunch of ch!t anyhow just a though as i am sure their are a few of thoes motors sitting around as well havent heard about this but what about putting a motor out of a phazer in it it is a twin with 80 hp should go okey.

Lot's of dune guys will do this with a R1 or Busa motor. It's great if you don't need 4x4 and don't mind shifting.

DIRT LUMP

Reaction score
you will never get 40 more hp out of a rhino in engine mods unless you turbo or nos it,edlebrock makes a killer nos system for the rhino 660/700 if you want to save your money,but a little harder on the motor.

Top Bottom