Hells Half Acre No Trespassing?

knatsabooh

Reaction score
Hey I went out to Hells Half Acre tonight and noticed that since Sat there appears to be brand new cemented in signs that say no trespassing, police patrolled , you will be prosecuted by the pumphouse at the top of the one trail and also when you go around the fence line and out past the pumphouse by that gravel maintenance road. Is something going down out there Im not aware of that anyone else knows anything about?

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bogger should know about this one... I believe the only way in would be from the south, no more access from the north... this is what I heard. You should also call the farmer for permission before entering from the south.

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw the signs out there this past week end too. It looks like they just don't want anyone coming in from the north using the gravel maintenance road, at least that's what it looks like by the way the signs are facing. I got stopped by a peace officer coming in off of RR30 and had my paperwork checked out, and if i had known then about it i would have asked them about it. You can still access it from the north using RR25 straight across the gravel road, lots of muskeg to go through though.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too many people not respecting the access and leaving a lot of garbage etc is why they have erected the signs. The more the yahoo's play in these areas the more they are going to shut them down.

It's a simple rule, pack out what you bring in, respect the access and land and it wont get shut down...... Is it all that hard to understand or do?

Airborne30

Reaction score
Okay, we all ride but is it really us that are leaving garbage? Maybe the trails we keep open are just booze spots for people that don't hav quads or bikes? We get blamed cause we are easy targets.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, we all ride but is it really us that are leaving garbage? Maybe the trails we keep open are just booze spots for people that don't hav quads or bikes? We get blamed cause we are easy targets.

In the end it doesn't matter who's leaving the trash, it's there because the trail access is there. If we want to keep it open we need to keep it clean.

rogcan

Reaction score
Like Dale said, it's simple .....

Enter from the south, call the farmer before going there, and dont leave any trash behind... (Does it hurt to pick up a lil trash from someone else who was there previously thats an idiot so we can continue to ride there ?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
2008 Ski-Doo Summit 800 Adrenaline 152" :Snowmobile1:
2008 YZ 250F :bike:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they might not want anyone in there at all because it getting to ripped up , enviro crap. only signed the public access points as the only other way in is across private land.

Dadbro

Reaction score
Too many people not respecting the access and leaving a lot of garbage etc is why they have erected the signs. The more the yahoo's play in these areas the more they are going to shut them down.

It's a simple rule, pack out what you bring in, respect the access and land and it wont get shut down...... Is it all that hard to understand or do?

I agree %100 , to the few who leave there trash behind should be head butted with a helmet. :nono: I see it all over the place and I go on some pretty remote trails where very few get to travel. So come on folks is it really that hard to pack out what you packed in ? I THINK NOT. so please for all of us who enjoy the outdoors in a litter free enviroment, pack it out, thank you.

knatsabooh

Reaction score
Exactly and truth be told the 5 dollars in gas I spend to ride and having to pick up a little garbage is worth it to me. I at least feel good about doing it as well. Its like the other day in Bruderheim. Bunch of trucks were parked up in the main pit by the road. Me and my roomate went out ripping and came back around the truck about two hours later the trucks were gone but where the one had been parked there was a few beer cans, plastic bag , subway wrapper and some other misc trash in place of where the truck was. I was disgusted as it was visible from the road as well. I don't understand why the people who enjoyed riding in the place would have taken the time to throw it out of the truck on the ground vs, just taking it back in a bag and throwing it out in a garbage somewhere. Either way it seems to be the trend and I think the higher percentage of us that do care and respect the land and use of it may have to just clean up a little bit after these select few who have yet to learn how to respect the areas. I know I will.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score

let be honest with ourselves here......it is quadders bikers ect......HHA isnt exactly place people are going to walk to just to drink.....ride any quad trail anywhere and look into the brush and you will find cans/ garbage ect. and until people start having more respect for the area's everyone rides we're going to lose access to them.......

on that note we can make thread after thread on this topic but you cant teach common sense and courtesy.....the only really chitty part is that these same people leaving the mess are the same ones who will disregard the signs ride on in and only cause more patrols and more of a negative reputation for all of us

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree with you, but to ride past a bunch of garbage, bottles, etc and leave them there makes us look like we did it.

lilyellafella

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just came back from HHA about an hour ago. We saw the new sign as well after we rode out to the pumphouse. We were pretty sure we didnt' see anything on the RR24 access road - which is the way we always come in, so we double checked on our way out and there are no new signs along there.

As we loaded to leave, we chatted with a few others at the staging area. One rider said he called for permission this morning before he came out and was only told "no fires". (sorry, I didn't think to ask who he called.)

As for garbage left by others - if it keeps the trails open I don't mind grabbing it on my way by.

Oh and in case you're wondering - HHA is a bit dry, but still a ton of fun! My lil' yella fella, isn't looking so yellow right now ;)

skiloch

Reaction score
I'm thinking the signs are from the oil company , did we also notice the fencing around the lease site??...This is their lease road and site, they don't want people in there, probably more for liability issues than anything else. But i have also seen some garbage in there too. I know I am beating a dead horse here but, bottom line is we(guys and gals that use the trails)are responsible for keeping them the way we find them or we are going to lose them.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious if you can still access HHA from RR24 when through the barbed wire gate/fence? Was planning to go out Sat morning....

lilyellafella

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious if you can still access HHA from RR24 when through the barbed wire gate/fence? Was planning to go out Sat morning....

Yes, we were out there last weekend and gained access via RR24. There is a barbed-wire gate at the staging area (on the left hand side at the very end of the road). I was once told just to make sure that you close the gate if you were the last one to leave the area, so that's what we've been doing.

Buckethead

Reaction score
Was out there last weekend and there is a sign at the end of the road on the barbed wire fence with the farmers number and name to call for permission before going in. He said he doesn't mind people going in there and riding but no fires and pack out any garbage you pack in and to close the gate behind you when you go in and again when you leave.. If he sees it's being abused he's closing it off. I think that's fair. I picked a bag of garbage up out there myself and would do it everytime if I had too. The more the clowns leave the garbage on the trails the more places we'll loose to ride. Hopefully people smarten up about this or there's gonna be alot of travelling to go riding or alot of quads for sale! The guy who owns the land was a nice guy the talk to when I called for permission and is number 1 in my books for letting us use his property.

bigboy

Reaction score
I`ve been out to hha twice in the last month from rr24 & nothing has changed fron that end. open the gate & close the gate both on arriving & leaving & it`s a given that you take out what you came with in terms of garbage & such. i like going out there so lets not wreck it. i was out in lamont today & on my way back to edm i went buy the spot up by bruderheim, just to check if it is closed & sure looks like it to me. it`s to bad because that was one place i wanted to ride but i guess it`s too late for me.

bellefemmelle

Reaction score
Maybe someone should take the time to talk to the owner of the private property. The comment enviro crap lacks ethics and respect. Pisses me off.

Landrew

Reaction score
Is it a decently close place to go and test a quad? I just put a new top end in my utility quad and wanted to break it in before going to the mountains. I don't want to skeg or mud just ride it for a few intervals.

Top Bottom