Well, what to do for 2015. Doo or Poo.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm on the other side of the fence. If my youngest didn't love it so much I would replace it with another XM. For me however I would even ride my Nytro in favor of the Pro. I just can't seem to get it.

If a Nytro feels better to you than a Pro I'm going to suggest that you may be talking to us from some alternate universe.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a Nytro feels better to you than a Pro I'm going to suggest that you may be talking to us from some alternate universe.

My Nytro is far from stock. But I can get it to hold a line better than my Pro. Wide cr boards for my feet and doesn't have the vertical steering that pushes me back like the pro. I like the Doo and Yami steering better as I can stand forward on the sled. The poo bars push me back into narrow boards and I just can't seem to ride it. Now if you say I'm a rookie come ride with me and I'll show ya the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Nytro is far from stock. But I can get it to hold a line better than my Pro. Wide cr boards for my feet and doesn't have the vertical steering that pushes me back like the pro. I like the Doo and Yami steering better as I can stand forward on the sled. The poo bars push me back into narrow boards and I just can't seem to ride it. Now if you say I'm a rookie come ride with me and I'll show ya the difference.

I'm not questioning your experience (just your opinion :cool:). You must have some damn big feet.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Dan, you have a dilemma. Plain and simple.....:d

I like my Doo's and the reliability of the newer builds. Since 2010, I have had zero issues and that is nearly 3000 km a season. The 2013 got its first belt at 2700 kms! Stock clutching has improved immensely, although some still want better performance!

I ride with lots of people and different quality sleds. Lots of stuck situations and lots of time getting the "other sleds" out of hairy (to the other riders) situations. In all honesty, it is easier for me to get a Cat out of a stuck or up an ugly little tree laden climb than it is the Polaris's. They don't seem that "flickable" to me!

I am not a big guy, nor doo I have a lot of upper body strength but my doo's with the stabilizer bars disconnected and the front shocks backed right off work very well in the trees and powder. The ol' XP was an improvement over the Rev, the XM is a huge improvement!

Get out and ride (not just for a few minutes here and there) both. Rent one of each and take 'em to the hills for a weekend. Sure it is a little coin, but you soon see which one you like the best!

BTW, I still can't see "paying" for extended warranty.......just saying!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what your saying it sounds like the pro would be the best choice. Both are great sleds. I think all three actually perform pretty comparably right now depending on the rider on them.

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll let you know next year ! I have a 2013 pro that has had a few issues,broken drive shaft at 30 km's was the biggest. I just ordered a T3-163 and will be running it side by side with my pro and will be able to see how both run. I have rode lots of XM's and believe that little bit of extra doo power will be huge for me. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy whatever you buy.

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan, you have a dilemma. Plain and simple.....:d

I like my Doo's and the reliability of the newer builds. Since 2010, I have had zero issues and that is nearly 3000 km a season. The 2013 got its first belt at 2700 kms! Stock clutching has improved immensely, although some still want better performance!

I ride with lots of people and different quality sleds. Lots of stuck situations and lots of time getting the "other sleds" out of hairy (to the other riders) situations. In all honesty, it is easier for me to get a Cat out of a stuck or up an ugly little tree laden climb than it is the Polaris's. They don't seem that "flickable" to me!

I am not a big guy, nor doo I have a lot of upper body strength but my doo's with the stabilizer bars disconnected and the front shocks backed right off work very well in the trees and powder. The ol' XP was an improvement over the Rev, the XM is a huge improvement!

Get out and ride (not just for a few minutes here and there) both. Rent one of each and take 'em to the hills for a weekend. Sure it is a little coin, but you soon see which one you like the best!

BTW, I still can't see "paying" for extended warranty.......just saying!

I have had both, pro and XM - no way is the XM easier to get unstuck than a pro. The pro is amazing how it just pops on top of the snow when stuck with usually just a ski pull - I'm not a blinded dootard.
Both are great sleds - both do some things better than the other, you can't go wrong with either one.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had enough seat time on the RMK to get a feel for what I like. There was a comment about it washing out easier, but even washed out they move forward. They seem attack the hill rather than sidehill it.

It's an old arguement I know. Make a choice and live with it as long as you own it. Ideally yes I would buy two new sleds but that isn't in available funds.

I appreciate that the thread is able to remain on track for a few replies. Keep it coming.

sent from a top secret location

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vertical steering has nothing to do with pushing you further back. Handle bar height is what is pushing further back.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm on the other side of the fence. I just can't seem to get comfortable on my Pro. I find on sidehills it will wash out on my leaving me pointed uphill. Running boards too narrow as the vertical handlebars seem to force me back on the sled which puts my feet on a too narrow spot and then end up fighting to stay on the sled. I find my XM's way more predictable in the tight trees and technical situations. Never had a seconds trouble with my three XM's and honestly the sled in my fleet with consistent issues is the Pro. Now it's creeping up on time to put pistons / fix kit in. If my youngest didn't love it so much I would replace it with another XM. I know lots of guys love the pro and if it works for them that's great. It's all what your comfortable on so buy what you like. For me however I would even ride my Nytro in favor of the Pro. I just can't seem to get it.

I totally agree with this…some people have stated different but the doo is way easier on steep side hills,you can go slow up down stop and then keep going.Its more predictable.Then there is the reliability of the eteck that is just a no-brainer .:twocents:

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vertical steering has nothing to do with pushing you further back. Handle bar height is what is pushing further back.

i can't seem to figure the poo steering !!!the Doo steers with the bars when going slow and when you are moving faster you initiate with the counter steer and balance with your body .Steering the sled pushing with your feet sorta.the XM is not a XP!!! and for some reason some would argue they are.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I disagree with that! with the doo and Yamaha steering when you turn the inside bar drops down towards the seat giving you room to stay forward. With the Polaris the bar gets me right about belly height forcing me to step back! Then I find myself humped over the bars like a dog on a football. Lol. With my inside arm bent at an awkward angle! Again it's all rider preference. And it just doesn't work for me

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disagree with that! with the doo and Yamaha steering when you turn the inside bar drops down towards the seat giving you room to stay forward. With the Polaris the bar gets me right about belly height forcing me to step back! Then I find myself humped over the bars like a dog on a football. Lol. With my inside arm bent at an awkward angle! Again it's all rider preference. And it just doesn't work for me

Well, it all preference. But if flat steering is ideal on a mountain sled, why is it there are no kits converting vertical post to it?? Why does the new MTN viper have vertical steering?? Why do the XMs have a relocate kits that attempts to improve it??

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can't seem to figure the poo steering !!!the Doo steers with the bars when going slow and when you are moving faster you initiate with the counter steer and balance with your body .Steering the sled pushing with your feet sorta.the XM is not a XP!!! and for some reason some would argue they are.

It could also be in how I ride. On my XM's I stand with my feet right in the footwells. I can do figure 8's on the hill all day without having to jump side to side on the sled. try to stand with my feet in the footwells of the pro and turn the bars and it pushes me back. So then I try traditional riding of hoping back and forth on the boards an I get pushed further back and further back till I slip off the boards

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had both and wouldnt go back to the Polaris. Everything seems more effortless on the xm. The sidehilling capabilities of the two are quite similar I havent found that one washes out more than the other just have to use a little different technique. It the steep and tight nasty stuff I like my xm a lot better, it reacts a lot better when your on and off the throttle. The way way the stock clutching is it isn't really rippy off the bottom but it pulls really hard and really smooth, which stops a lot of trenching.
Jumped on a few pros last weekend while the Polaris guys were riding mine and they just felt archaic. Xm is a much easier sled to ride once you get used to it. Both do a lot of things well though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, it all preference. But if flat steering is ideal on a mountain sled, why is it there are no kits converting vertical post to it?? Why does the new MTN viper have vertical steering?? Why do the XMs have a relocate kits that attempts to improve it??

All the old poo riders can't adapt...... :p

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had enough seat time on the RMK to get a feel for what I like. There was a comment about it washing out easier, but even washed out they move forward. They seem attack the hill rather than sidehill it.

It's an old arguement I know. Make a choice and live with it as long as you own it. Ideally yes I would buy two new sleds but that isn't in available funds.

I appreciate that the thread is able to remain on track for a few replies. Keep it coming.

sent from a top secret location

but if you sold both your other sleds you could easily pay cash for a pro...a 2012 would be best ...no carbon no glue...or belt drive.
and lots on kijiji with the fix kit already done...for under 9k just my 2cents

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I like about the Doo is they are still improving the XM for next year. They are addressing the small things they are being critiqued for like the front suspension biting in certain snow conditions and terrain. As far as the whole steering arguments go I can definately see all points of view. I am a creature of habit and cannot get used to the Pro's steering so it is not for me, so I understand when a Pro guy says he cannot get used to the XM. Ride what makes you happy. I will continue to ride Doo because the XM makes me happy on the hill. I like the power of the ETEC and I have been very comfortable dealing with the manufacturer over the years. Yes I am biased but really when it comes down to it so is most everyone else that posts on this site. Congrats on getting a new sled whatever it be Dan! :cool::beer:

Top Bottom