Hello CAT DEALERS

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RD Powersports is the WORST. I've attempted to spend money in there several times and have since given up. (bet the guy you talked to was a little weasle with a big handlebar 'stache...he's one of the owners)

Myself and buddies have gone to Ralphs and to Checkered Flag in Hanna...good service there.

I always wondered why that douche still had a job there can't fire one of the owners

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thing is is that the emplyees hands are tied when the owners themselves dont give TWO FKS about us as the consumers. I was there and know exactly how "that particular" salesman feels. "LOST" Hell even the Managers dont get a fkn demo to even sit on there let alone fkn ride!!!!

Just my own opinion, take how ya want :)

ps: you'd NEVER see me in there if it wasnt for a couple good peeps there. Not their faults at all, Id be frustrated just like the staff is!

MattM

Reaction score
Spitfire
Yeah Rich is my dad everytime I look at that pic it brings a smile to my face> great day in the hills.

As for the rest of this I just feel that if dealer wants to be successful then maybe he should throw a guy a bone offer up "demo days" or have demos for guys. And Really its not asking much. Stand behind the product and say "here look how great this is one ride and you will be hooked". I dunno maybe I will pick up a new bearcat and stick to trapping to hell with the mountains.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been riding for a "few" years, only way I was able to secure a demo ride is to hook up with a dealer when they are out riding, and it was a 15 minute ride at best. Sled / quad / bike demos are not common in the industry, and certainly not a demo ride that isn't secured. Insurance costs are too high, and the dealer ends up selling a used sled that he will never recover his cost from. Consider this: you are riding off road where there are rocks / stumps, etc under the snow, not on pavement. When taking a vehicle for a test drive, odds are the sales rep is sitting beside or behind you. You have proof of your operating ability by holding a valid liscence. An operators license isn't required for a snowmobile. And to top things off, if the dealer turns you loose on a new machine and you injure yourself riding it, it opens up a can of worms for liability suits - all that has to be proven is you were not "properly trained".
Don't get me wrong - there are dealers who go above and beyond (and perhaps at the risk of a possible personal injury lawsuit), and I wouldn't buy a single thing from RD Pwrsports after the fiasco of servicing my last two Cats, but I see the big picture from the liability standpoint - if I don't know you, you aren't riding my sled...

Little

Reaction score
These guys carry 10+ in liability ins. Never an ins. issue. It's a 'give a sh!t issue.' Funny that some dealers 'get it' and some don't. Ghostrider in Fernie does test rides. Even rented us a new, from the showroom 800 Cat when the kid's SkiDoo crapped out. Dealers/salesmen that are into it are obviously the best to deal with. One would not buy a car without having at least sat in that model, yet drops 14k at a 'sno chek' that they haven't even seen. To each their own.

To the OP. What kind of warranty service would you expect from this guy?? Would he be the one to step up to the plate when you had an issue with A/C customer service/warranty. Doesn't look like it.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
T&T powersports out of Bonnyville take a trailer load of sleds to Mcbride, Valemount and Elkford every year and let people try them out...

He may be a ways from you but the service is worth it...

^^^^^^ X2^^^^^^

I'm not a Cat sled guy, but HANDS DOWN!!!!
Terry @ T&T Powersports, is the best.!!! He is a striaght shooter, and will tell you good and bad. If I was going to buy a Cat sled, I would drive the 600 km's one way to pick one up.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go to rdps make sure you talk to Chris, he's the only straight shooter in there.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Part of the incredible success of the XM this year was last season's demo tours across Alberta and BC. They were very well received by the peeps who rode them. Any dealer of any manufacturer should participate in something like this whether at the local level or regional level. Its a great way to expose prospective buyers to your product IMO.

Not to tough selling an XM it sells itself.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Part of the incredible success of the XM this year was last season's demo tours across Alberta and BC. They were very well received by the peeps who rode them. Any dealer of any manufacturer should participate in something like this whether at the local level or regional level. Its a great way to expose prospective buyers to your product IMO.

That, and for those of us that don't live beside the mountains, Maxwell's demo review post here on S&M.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is something wrong with Red Deer and Arctic Cat dealers. When Uncle Bens sold Arctic Cat they were no better. I have bought parts at RDPS but if I had an option I would go elsewhere.

Rustydog81

Reaction score
I totally agree that test rides are a must!! I'm a cat guy and my wife's a polaris girl and I wasn't just sold on buying one. But countryside here in gp gave us a pro to take out to kakwa for the weekend and she put a few hundred k on it. Great little sled. You know when we took it back I bought her one. That's how it should be done!!!!
Im pretty sure Northgate has some demos my man! Come up let's hit up kakwa

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta Cycle is a new Cat sled dealer this year. Stop by and check them out, great place and super helpful. Demo days are in Valemount on the march 14th weekend this year.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So whats the deal? I walked into our local Cat dealer in Red Deer looking for some more info on the pro climb. Im a cat guy and I am currently parting our my modded M7 and looking for next season. I wanted some info on the sleds pros cons what these guys felt about them and some of the issues they were having. The goober of a sales guy didnt know crap about the sleds straight up lied about things and acted like I was bothering him with my questions. I wanted to know if a guy could ride one especially the 1100t. Becasue I wanted to know how my 180lb frame would handle the weight. He out right told me they dont let guys test ride and if i wanted to "try one out" that I should go rent one for the day. I was a little torqued to say the least. So I said do you at leat have a catalog and a spec sheet I can take home? all he did was briefly dig across the counter top look at me and say I guess not! So what the hell. Do guys acctually want to sell sleds or what? Do any dealers in Alberta let guys demo one or at least ride it out around the shop? Hell I would even hit up BC if they are gonna treat a guy right. My cousin bought an RMK for his wife they let him demo for a day before he bought same with my bro and his Doo from stogens!

Maybe I have high expectations. Help anyone?

Matt
Talk to Terry And Mark at T&T Powersports in Bonnyville. I know for a fact that they Demo sleds. Like Bogger Mentioned they do on occasion take up Demo sleds to the mountains and let people try them out. (780 826 6121) I've had Yamaha Polaris and Ski-doo and they were all great machines But since The reason I switched back to Cat ( my first Sled was a 1980 Panther 440) was because of the great service that I receive from the folks at T&T.

McGrath

Supporting Vendor, Alberta Cycle
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your encounter with the dealer, I can tell you on the weekend of March14-15th Cat will be in Valemount with sleds to test ride. I'm sure there you will get the facts right from the people who know and there be no smoke and mirrors! If you like to attend call the Super 8 and book a room under Alberta Cycle $85.00 nightly. If you have any questions call me directly (Mike 780-477-3525)

Top Bottom