Heated enclosed trailer burns up

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a Trails West trailer. Heard of another one down in the US that did the same thing. The guys discussing it were saying having the heater and all the electrical mounted on the floor like it is caused the spark with the melted snow and water running underneath the heater enclosure. Who knows!

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mmmmm turbo..... (7th pic) hopefully these boys had insurance. Makes me wonder sometimes about my trailer, i had to re-do some of the wiring a couple of years ago due to no lights. When i ripped apart the wiring cover it was marrette sp? city in there and the junction box looked to me to be a indoor style with no water seal at all ( on the tongue of the trailer underneath) very disappointed with the mirage trailer wiring and the panels deteriorating.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every trailer I have seen is poorly wired from factory. You would think for the price of these trailers the manufactures could teach workers about a soldering iron and shrinkwrap!

they are probably wired my mexicans. ever seen the over head wiring in mexico?

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is how every wire was on my Tow Hauler was.!!!!

Attachments

• pixs 066.jpg
    pixs 066.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 488

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scotch locks are ok in Texas

Not here ... have fixed so many trailer's wiring before it's not funny

sent while I should be drinking tea's

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike/Timber Tramp from S&M had his sled in this trailer. They were on their way to Revi when it happened. There was 4 sleds in it. They managed to get 2 out (mike's was one of them). The other two did not have insurance on them but they were checking to see if their trailer insurance was going to cover it or not. At the time they suspected the heater in it. Crappy deal

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 28' Continental trailer 2011 had a household junction box and marrettes joining the wiring under the trailer also. Road sludge got into it very easily. The LED lights on the back of the trailer were staying on all the time which caused me to look for the problem and that is what I found. I bought a terminal strip type junction box from NAPA and changed out the household box. I would recommend anyone with a trailer to check out their junction boxes as this is a very common way to wire trailers in the USA. RV trailers as well.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know I was thinking the same idea this last week at the days inn in revi... Wall to wall trailers with heaters running in most...

if there was a fire everyone would go up....

And how how would insurance work out if your logging at the motel and your trailer starts the fire.... Is that your liability when a paid guest at there motel or there insurance.... I can see a million liability not going far

Top Bottom