Heading out this Saturday?? Corbin/Pipeline?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We are heading out for a Saturday 'day-ride'

Anyone hear what the conditions are like at either Corbin or Wranglers Cabin/Pipeline??

thanks

The Coal Creek trail from Fernie is smooootheee and there is nice fresh at the summit; about 12". The Notch was avalanching at the beginning of the week and the pipeline is normal for this time of year (rougher than.....)

PS go to www.ferniesnowmobile.com for twice weekly grooming reports.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I road rolling hills last Friday and it was great, not over the hood snow but plenty of untouched.

The base is less than last year so if your going to ride the trees watch for the stumps and creeks. Not all of the creeks are as filled in as they usually are.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
road coal creek to marten ridge on sunday snow was real nice we were first tracks back into the little meadows and top of marten ridge not much to play in but a nice ride in with some fun creek drainages

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
The Coal Creek trail from Fernie is smooootheee and there is nice fresh at the summit; about 12". The Notch was avalanching at the beginning of the week and the pipeline is normal for this time of year (rougher than.....)

PS go to FERNIESNOWMOBILE.COM for twice weekly grooming reports.

Thanks for the tip, and thanks for the update...

Great or not, we have decided to make the trek for Saturday at least!!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Might be coming down to Corbin to do some snowboarding on Sunday. Would love if you cans can update the conditions as soon as you get back.

Ps. It'd be great if you stayed off our snowboard hill =Þ

I know, I know. I can't say that, but I just did. =)

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Hey,

Might be coming down to Corbin to do some snowboarding on Sunday. Would love if you cans can update the conditions as soon as you get back.

Ps. It'd be great if you stayed off our snowboard hill =Þ

I know, I know. I can't say that, but I just did. =)

Will update for sure...

As far as staying off your snowboard hill...I believe there are ski hills that still allow that stuff, so unless I see a tag on your jacket and a chair lift, you better hope you can outrun the Doo....

YES I am joking...

madtacc

Reaction score
We are heading out for a Saturday 'day-ride'

Anyone hear what the conditions are like at either Corbin or Wranglers Cabin/Pipeline??

thanks
i am heading out tomorrow and saturday i will try to post some conditions tomorrow night when i get in.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah that would be great if u cold post sum info from your ride when u get back, me and my few buddy's are going out Saturday for a day ride too.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Ok, Ok... Enough jokes at my expense....

:rolleyes:

Sorry bud...just couldnt help it! Cmon, its sorta like if we were all talking about riding our sleds at the local ski hill...it would just seem sorta wrong and would open up the flaming...

This is the way I see it...If you want to snowboard where there are a ton of sledders then that should be OK! BUT...Us sledders should be able to have a points system for runnin ya down...right???

Ok, totally kidding, but I just cant seem to stop....(I am a skier too, but damn, wouldnt even think about bringing my skis on a sled ride just like I wouldnt think about taking my sled to the ski hill...differnt strokes)

All in fun...(by the way, what color is our coat) (man I just cant stop...):eek:

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha. I know. I was laughing and it wasn't bothering me the least bit.

I do appreciate when sledders give us a small slice of the pie though. Most do. I dont' expect it though. I just like to sled and ride. It just so happens my sled is a means to get up the hill to come down on the board. So when I sled, I search out areas to ride. Then I bring my board down with my snowboard buddies and ride. I donno if that all makes sense.

Anyways, I've gone to Corbin once on the board and had fun. Required better visibility but there are a few hills that aren't bad. They aren't that appealing to sledders, at least those without some skill so we normally aren't competing for space.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca

I do appreciate when sledders give us a small slice of the pie though. Most do. I dont' expect it though. I just like to sled and ride. It just so happens my sled is a means to get up the hill to come down on the board. So when I sled, I search out areas to ride. Then I bring my board down with my snowboard buddies and ride. I donno if that all makes sense.

Anyways, I've gone to Corbin once on the board and had fun. Required better visibility but there are a few hills that aren't bad. They aren't that appealing to sledders, at least those without some skill so we normally aren't competing for space.

All sounds good to me...I do have a serious question though...And I have thought this through, just cant make sense of it...

If you ride up the hill with your board, then find that primo spot, jump on the board and go for a ride, how do you get back to the sled (yes I am serious, and dont quite get it...)

Anyways, have a great time this weekend!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All sounds good to me...I do have a serious question though...And I have thought this through, just cant make sense of it...

If you ride up the hill with your board, then find that primo spot, jump on the board and go for a ride, how do you get back to the sled (yes I am serious, and dont quite get it...)

Anyways, have a great time this weekend!

Two ways.

1) Two riders. That's what I do. PITA riding up on the trail with two people. Super hard on your legs and body. Luckly I have a friend who is maybe 110lb.

2) Some ghost ride their sled down. I've never seen this but apparently people do it. IMO, not only silly, it's also dangerous. Its more common I think out west where they have big open hills where the sled wont hit anything. I've yet to find a nice slope like that on this side. Maybe some around Revy, but not the most typical riding spots east of there.

DaveW2

Reaction score
We park the sleds at the bottom of a good hill and walk up, using "climbing skins". They stick to the bottom of the skis or splitboard, slide forward well but grip well when pushing back. I know a couple of fit guys that can regularly get over 10,000 vertical feet in a day that way.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We park the sleds at the bottom of a good hill and walk up, using "climbing skins". They stick to the bottom of the skis or splitboard, slide forward well but grip well when pushing back. I know a couple of fit guys that can regularly get over 10,000 vertical feet in a day that way.

I'll take the motorized t-bar option =)

Also, my board isn't a split, and hiking, although fun, is not why I drove 3 hours to ride.

I give it up to you guys. Working for your turns deserves respect.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good to see someone that respects both sides of the coin. With the INSANE price of a lift ticket these days we are seeing more and more sled-skiers in the sled areas. I wish they all shared your attitude Shibby.

Top Bottom