Heading out this Saturday?? Corbin/Pipeline?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Good to see someone that respects both sides of the coin. With the INSANE price of a lift ticket these days we are seeing more and more sled-skiers in the sled areas. I wish they all shared your attitude Shibby.

Our biggest increase in membership in the Fernie Snowmobile Assoc is with sled skiers/boarders. They like the groomed trail, no crowds, no hill police or ski patrol, and the areas that sledders can't ride. Great to see them out and enjoying themselves in the back country.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two ways.

2) Some ghost ride their sled down. I've never seen this but apparently people do it. IMO, not only silly, it's also dangerous. Its more common I think out west where they have big open hills where the sled wont hit anything. I've yet to find a nice slope like that on this side. Maybe some around Revy, but not the most typical riding spots east of there.

I've ghost riden my sled down a few hills, maybe I wouldn't feel like such an idiot if I had a snow board with me! Ya, I meant to do that....

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was some funny stuff. What's the conditions like out there. Thinking about hitting the area on Tuesday for a couple days. Thanks.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
It was ok, but not stellar...no real new snow, we had a bunch of fun anyway but it could use at least another foot. There seems to be some icepack underneath the new snow that we did find...as always,still a good day!

Top Bottom