Harvest 2010

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That crop of oats looks like it will be fun to try and swath. A few :beer::beer: in the cooler beside the seat will be needed after dealing with pile after pile, mole hills, broken knives.......:(

Got a good pick up reel on the swather?

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pepper and i finished swathing canola,and my lunch, tonight harvest 005.jpg

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey sherwood, who was cutting and who was riding along

We take turns, like the firefighters do at your house when your working. hahaha

Last edited:

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was down to Kindersely Sask last week and man there are some nice crops...they even looked late for down there...not too many machines in the field...too wet......some of the Canola swaths were as big as I've ever seen...look late and really green in some area's thou...here's hopin all our farmers get some much needed warmer sunny weather....they truly deserve it....here's to our farmers in Canada!!!!!:beer::underweathemsn:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh God, stop raining

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 147

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh God, stop raining

I was in dewberry today and barely made it out of the yard, even seen a tractor in the field that was being swathed.

Best crop in 15 years starting to look very risky, Phuck! Please not another crop insurance claim!

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
i was between derwent and vermilion all day... lots of rain at derwent and very little at vermilion. seen 3 brand spanking new, new holland combines straight cutting along hwy41

dwillowguy

Reaction score
Well I started on the green peas on the long weekend, testing 13.5 for mositure.....have outside round and 4 acres left and the fricken rain will not let me finish it. The wind and rain has knocked it down flat and this year I decided to straight cut it.......shaving the ground and max speed of 3 mph...fricken mole hills and gopher hills hanging up on cutter bar. Field looks like some drunk farmer was cutting it LOL Trying cutting on angle, against the lean with the lean does'nt matter still causing me a pain in the ass. I HATE PEAS......Just finished cutting down the wheat...green in hollows mud on tires....Its gonna be a wet fall...buddy took wheat sample from a field that was sprayed down 3 weeks ago and it was testing 21..We better get a ch!t load of snow this winter...LOL:beer::beer::beer::beer:

aaron_m

Reaction score
Your posting was so good, and so accurate.
A guy can only laugh it off, but damn the rain can piss off anytime soon.
Boys be thankkful for what you may get off the field this year. Some of us barely got anything in the ground to begin with.

And i agree, lets get this damn crop off, whatever grade we can, stick it in the bin, and lets get 5' on the level.

Well I started on the green peas on the long weekend, testing 13.5 for mositure.....have outside round and 4 acres left and the fricken rain will not let me finish it. The wind and rain has knocked it down flat and this year I decided to straight cut it.......shaving the ground and max speed of 3 mph...fricken mole hills and gopher hills hanging up on cutter bar. Field looks like some drunk farmer was cutting it LOL Trying cutting on angle, against the lean with the lean does'nt matter still causing me a pain in the ass. I HATE PEAS......Just finished cutting down the wheat...green in hollows mud on tires....Its gonna be a wet fall...buddy took wheat sample from a field that was sprayed down 3 weeks ago and it was testing 21..We better get a ch!t load of snow this winter...LOL:beer::beer::beer::beer:

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haven't farmed in years...miss it terriblely...everyone on this site should be prayin for our farmers....best crops in the north and everywhere around for tha tmatter that we've seen in years...gotta get it in the bin and then the next task is to get rid of the Alberta Wheat Pool! but THATS another story....we NEED some sun so our Country bros and sisters can go to work!!!!!
Maker them combines ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wheat was testing 20 and .15 ergot this afternoon and a little flurry just went through, not real encourging. shut down again:(

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lovely

Attachments

8.6 KB · Views: 177

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
haven't farmed in years...miss it terriblely...everyone on this site should be prayin for our farmers....best crops in the north and everywhere around for tha tmatter that we've seen in years...gotta get it in the bin and then the next task is to get rid of the Alberta Wheat Pool! but THATS another story....we NEED some sun so our Country bros and sisters can go to work!!!!!
Maker them combines ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AB wheat Pool long gone, its now Viterra.

This maybe an interesting topic,and why not throw in the control the chem companies have and Bill C 474!

Lets Chat

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
Wheat was testing 20 and .15 ergot this afternoon and a little flurry just went through, not real encourging. shut down again:(

We have been taking wheat off at 19-20, just trying to get it off and in the bin, lots of #2 around here and a good yield is anything over 30 bushels/ac!

dwillowguy

Reaction score
Well the green peas were coming in at 55 bushels an acre better then previous years of maybe 35-40....but the price is still around that $5.50 a bushel mark, hope to see it come up. Temp last night got down to -5.5.....just finished dumping water out of spray-coupe and drained pump. last time forgot about it and phucked up the pump and that's a pain in the ass. Checked the cut wheat and it's still at the semi-hard dough stage and some of it's been cut 2 weeks. The last rain we had we got about 8 tenths about a week ago, was gonna try to finish that field but we had a shower on Tuesday and then another one on Wednesday night and it's probably gonna be tough. I just want to finish that field so I can get the combine back home and service it for the next field. Oh did I mention I hate peas, phucken geese like them tho....been landing by the hundreds gonna start packing the shotgun in the combine.....no officer I don't have a license the geese flew into the shot...LOL:beer::beer::beer:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's tough but we are rolling

Attachments

19.4 KB · Views: 148

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wheat swath