Haines Summit, Alaska

No Bad Days

Reaction score
Had a great trip this last weekend, Haines Summitt, Alaska. This was the ultimate in glacier riding. This area is 10X+ the size of Boulder Mtn. Never did find the end of it. Not a tree in sight. Had 4 sleds on the truck and 28 in the trailer. Sleds stayed on the hiway for 3 nights. Had 3 days of trackless powder.

Attachments

• IMG_1507.jpg
    IMG_1507.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1515.jpg
    IMG_1515.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 261

No Bad Days

Reaction score
Jumped on a plane in Edmonton, flew to Whitehorse, rented trucks and drove 400 kms. Stayed in Haines Alaska, rode at the summit.

No Bad Days

Reaction score
The sleds were loaded on Monday and headed north, we flew out on Wednesday, sleds were there waiting for us at the summit when we drove by on Wednesday, picked up all our gear off the truck, stayed the night in Haines, Alaska, drove back in the morn to the summit to ride.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sleds were loaded on Monday and headed north, we flew out on Wednesday, sleds were there waiting for us at the summit when we drove by on Wednesday, picked up all our gear off the truck, stayed the night in Haines, Alaska, drove back in the morn to the summit to ride.

Nice!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That is sweeet!

Where is the shipping handled out of and by whom? Is this an all inclusive trip or is everybody on their own to get to Haines? What is the cost (I suppose if that question needs to be asked one can't afford this luxury!)? Time frame for riding and driving, etc. Is it one week or 10 days?

Thanks, fs

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Border Crossing is as far as I made it , we were going sled racing the Alcan 200 . Long ways to go to find out they won't let you in.:nono:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is sweeet!

Where is the shipping handled out of and by whom? Is this an all inclusive trip or is everybody on their own to get to Haines? What is the cost (I suppose if that question needs to be asked one can't afford this luxury!)? Time frame for riding and driving, etc. Is it one week or 10 days?

Thanks, fs

Rocky mountain tours handles the haul out of Edmonchuk. The trip is an annual one to different places organized by a couple of guys here in Whitecourt. Pretty much takes a funeral or wedding to get on the list. Guys usually leave on a Wednesday, back for work the following Monday.

Top Bottom