H1 N1 Vaccinations

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the guys i work with reads that site alot. There is only 1 reason i or my kids have not got it, or any others. No 100% guarantee that there will be no sides affects. Most people get them and so do there kids. So with all those people getting them it makes my kids safer. I will take my chances it is always a 50/50 chance same as walking accross the street, JMO

Great article....sites some REAL truths. If yu think about the money these cmpanies will make from this it's mind boggling. They can then use that money to turn around anf further contribute to specific politicians and/or bolster their lobby groups. In essence the governement paying out the money is being bought off by the very money they paid out. Sick!

I now hear that Canada will be bringing in adjuvent free vaccine from Australia for pregnanat women. If it's "better" for pregnanat women, whi isn't it better for everyone!!?? Something to think about.

We have "epidemics" of things in North America that cause far more deaths every year than any flu. Why do they not get such government, financial and media attention??

Again I say.....waaaaay too many questions.

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
enjoy .........

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9flwGUWazMg[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU8nSn5Ezd8[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2MNGwNAnis[/media]

Last edited:

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got half way threw the last video, had to turn it off. Untill you deal with this everyday. You will never know how much it hurts to hold your child and not be able to do anything.:(

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
The internet is awesome for getting information, the question is...is it correct and verifiable information.
With the flu debate it seems a bit like a political event:
Each side has an opinion but little supporting information (facts) as it is untested. Each side bad mouths the other and knives are being thrown.
Some experts are for, others against the idea of getting the shot.

This is as confusing as hell to me.

I've been getting a flu shot for years, never had any side effects but I can tell you that before I started getting it I used to get the flu real bad, now it's seldom or very light.

So how does a person decide...damned if I know.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
With all due respect NOTHING is free, especially with a government involved!! There are many things in this world that take the lives of children, more than any flu, and we CAN do something about those.

Not being charged for a vaccination in my book equals FREE!! Yup lots of things kill kids but this is an H1N1 thread :confused::confused:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this needs to be said. Maybe be the populace would trust the "health professionals" more if they were a little more open minded and more honest. Our "health professionals" refuse to acknowledge treatments such as accupuncture, which has worked for me when the doctors couldn't help. Another thing is Cancer treatments. The way they refuse to acknowledge any other form of cancer treatment other than surgery, radiation, or chemotherapy is ludicrous. My mother would have died had she listened to her doctor and undergone the usual treatments they do here. She went to a clinic in Mexico and was cured of her cancer. Other people I personally know that did the usual treament are now dead, and died not long after being treated by our "health professionals" here. When people see the arrogance and frankly, closed mindedness of the doctors here, they don't trust them.
That's why it is easy for people to be scared away from the vacinne. They don't trust the Medical establishment here, and as fas as I'm concerned, they have good reason.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
The internet is awesome for getting information, the question is...is it correct and verifiable information.
With the flu debate it seems a bit like a political event:
Each side has an opinion but little supporting information (facts) as it is untested. Each side bad mouths the other and knives are being thrown.
Some experts are for, others against the idea of getting the shot.

This is as confusing as hell to me.

I've been getting a flu shot for years, never had any side effects but I can tell you that before I started getting it I used to get the flu real bad, now it's seldom or very light.

So how does a person decide...damned if I know.

I'm with you Bunny.Really hard to decide:confused::confused::confused:

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trust me when more people start dying you won't be able to get a vaccine fast enough. If your at all concerned speak with your Doctor. Most health professionals I've talked to are getting the shot! What does that tell you???

I would agree with this. Way too much misinformation.

I think what is going on with this virus is that it kicks your azz,(immune system) and leaves you vulnerable to a secondary attack by something you may, or may not be aware your body is fighting...

Don't believe everything you hear,(or read) this was true before the Internet too ;) Can somebody explain to me why they think all the doctors are lying to us ? Not you H2S :d

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I guess we will know shortly what the after effects are - with the amount of people getting the shot this week.
According to most reports, people who have problems have them real fast.
Should start hearing reports this weekend I guess?

I would agree with this. Way too much misinformation.

I think what is going on with this virus is that it kicks your azz,(immune system) and leaves you vulnerable to a secondary attack by something you may, or may not be aware your body is fighting...

Don't believe everything you hear,(or read) this was true before the Internet too ;) Can somebody explain to me why they think all the doctors are lying to us ? Not you H2S :d

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I haven't seen yet is the responsibility of not infecting others !!

All this bla bla... Grow up and stay away from others, tough guy...

If you are sick, stay home and away from everyone. If YOU catch this because you didn't get the vac, and pass it on to someone, and on, and on.... You get it, right ?

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure where i stand on this topic yet, i think i will wait a week or so and see if there any side affects from the vaccination from those that got the shot, maybe all we need is lots of SNOW and cold weather to get rid of this virus, but in the mean time i will just hang tough.

rounder

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this needs to be said. Maybe be the populace would trust the "health professionals" more if they were a little more open minded and more honest. Our "health professionals" refuse to acknowledge treatments such as accupuncture, which has worked for me when the doctors couldn't help. Another thing is Cancer treatments. The way they refuse to acknowledge any other form of cancer treatment other than surgery, radiation, or chemotherapy is ludicrous. My mother would have died had she listened to her doctor and undergone the usual treatments they do here. She went to a clinic in Mexico and was cured of her cancer. Other people I personally know that did the usual treament are now dead, and died not long after being treated by our "health professionals" here. When people see the arrogance and frankly, closed mindedness of the doctors here, they don't trust them.
That's why it is easy for people to be scared away from the vacinne. They don't trust the Medical establishment here, and as fas as I'm concerned, they have good reason.

I dont blame the workers as much as i blame the companies that manufacture the drugs. there is ALOT of money in drugs. both the legal and illegal kinds. but the hospitals are told by the government that this is the acceptable "treatment" and thats all you get. as far as h1n1 well my oldest just had it last week and it was her worst flu to date. my youngest was off school yesterday with flu like symptoms "fever puking headache coughing" by 2 in the afternoon she was wanting to go to school and generally driving me nuts. will probably keep her home today incase she is still infectious. but it was no problem for her. funny how one kid is fine and one kid is really sick. different people different reactions.:beer:

rounder

Reaction score
but as far as the h1n1 shot now that both kids have had it do they still need the shot??? any docs out there to answer this one???

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reading all this just makes me more confused. As i sit at home with a cold , I dont have flu like symtoms and heading to Vegas tomorro will i be able to get on the plane coughing and hacking and if asked if i have had the H1Ni shot and say no or shoud i say yes. But at this time I never had a flu shot and do not want to start to.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GSK Profits Up 11%
Jane Wardell
Drug Discovery & Development - October 28, 2009

LONDON (AP) - GlaxoSmithKline PLC, the world's second largest drug maker by revenue, posted an 11 percent rise in third quarter earnings on the back of strong sales of the flu drug Relenza and forecast an even bigger boost from its swine flu vaccines in the final quarter of the year.

London-based Glaxo reported net profit of 1.44 billion pounds ($2.35 billion) for the three months to Sept. 30, compared to 1.29 billion pounds a year ago.

Revenue rose 15 percent to 6.76 billion pounds.

Glaxo, which has been hit by rising competition from generic versions of its previously patented drugs, is expected to receive an earnings windfall from products dashed out in response to the H1N1 flu virus.

Chief Executive Officer Andrew Witty said that a market consensus forecast that Glaxo will make around 1 billion pounds in sales of H1N1 vaccines in the fourth quarter "is pretty accurate."

"In the fourth quarter, I expect further improvement including significant sales generated from our influenza products," Witty told reporters on a conference call immediately after the results were released.

Glaxo has reported orders for 440 million doses of its H1N1 vaccine Pandemrix and Witty said that more orders had been taken since that update, without providing details.

"We continue to have government express an interest and signing contracts with us and we anticipate that will continue for some time to come, although the lion's share is probably passed," he said.

BILLIONS!!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JANE WARDELL
AP Business Writer

LONDON (AP) — AstraZeneca PLC posted a 22 percent rise in third quarter net profit on Thursday, boosted by initial sales of its swine flu vaccine and delayed entry of generic drug competition in the United States.

The expectation of further profits expected from its Novel Influenza A vaccine for the H1N1 led AstraZeneca to lift its full-year earnings forecast.

The company posted net profit of $2.12 billion for three months to the end of September, up from $1.74 billion in the same period a year ago. Revenue rose 5.5 percent to $8.2 billion, supported by strong demand for its cholesterol drug Crestor alongside sales of the H1N1 vaccine and reduced generic competition.

Chief Financial Officer Simon Lowth said the results, "boosted by some unanticipated revenue upside," led the company to lift its full year earnings per share forecast to a range of $6.20 to $6.40, from $5.70 to $6 previously.

Sales of the H1N1 nasal spray vaccine totaled $152 million in the quarter and Lowth said that the company was on track to deliver the 40 million doses ordered by the U.S. government by early next year.

The bulk of sales from the total contract worth $453 million would be recorded by AstraZeneca in the fourth quarter, he said.

Lowth said that the company had additional capacity of 200 million doses, but does not have the nasal spray capacity to match that. It continued to hold regulatory discussions about using that capacity in another form — perhaps a dropper — if demand warranted, he said.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being that I work in emergency services I am going for my shots today.
I will be getting both.
I will let you know how I do.

albroker

Reaction score
Wow, my wife works in Health care as well and I have never taken a flu shot but after hearing what she heard at a meeting yesterday on the flu I am going to take it, she is saying the news is not stating how bad it is, no beds in the units and people are on vent machings in emerg, healthy people on vent with no previous health concerns. If you get the hard case you could easily die or end up in the hospital on a machine, I for one do not want to gamble weather I will get it or get a mild case or not.

just my 2cents

Top Bottom