Ground Screw on handlebars? WTF?

keener

Reaction score
So i was in the middle of tearing down my factory bars to do a bar swap, and came across this,

photo.JPG

Its screwed right into the bar, underneath the bar pad. I'm guessing its a ground screw for the harness??

Anybody got a answer for me? If possible i'd like to re-route this, as I don't feel like drilling a hole in my brand new handlebars haha

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a new set of CFR bars to put on. Just wondering did you re-use your grip heaters and cork? Also what did you finally do with the screw?

BXP-88

Reaction score
Put the CFR bars on mine re-used cork and heaters, drilled a hole in the bars and put the screw back in not a big deal!

keener

Reaction score
I got new cork and new grips, but I re used the heaters. They're a bit more expensive to replace. Grips and corks were $20 total, not worth the hassle of trying to remove. Just be real delicate taking off the heaters.

I've been running it without the ground screw so far and haven't noticed anything not working yet. I'd still like to know what its for, obviously ski foo put it there for a reason

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just finishex putting the 14 sp bars on my 13. No hole in the old ones but there was a hole in the new ones there. Mine is pull start...wonder if it is something to do with the e start system?

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

Nikm17

Reaction score
I just had the bars on my 13 to put the stock riser back on and it did t have any hole. It has estart too

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems to be on the '14's only. I guess they didn't learn their lesson on drilling holes in bars with the '13 SP strap :confused:

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Stop calling it a grounding screw… it is a bond strap. The electrical components on that sled require a point of reference to work correctly. You will likely see a phantom issue that will drive you crazy….Don't worry though, your 300$ bar upgrade has outwitted BRPs millions of dollars of engineering. So here is what we are going to do to resolve. Write down that you removed the bond strap, put it somewhere safe…. then when stuff starts acting weird… i.e DSS key or reverse issues. Go get that note and do the reverse of what the note says. Boom all good,
btw cool bars.

Top Bottom