Grave Flats camping and quadding

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard about this area so I figure I would ask, is it really nice there and how is it for riding, the wife and I are gonna head there tomoorow for the weekend... any hints or comments would be fantastic..Thanks

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The main riding areas that people go there for south esk,ruby falls,box canyon are super easy rides very scenic riding there but these trails are we're very rocky before and are now much worse after the floods

Reaction score
They seem and are easy for people that know what they are doing.

Some of the holes, esp on the south esk trail are far deeper than you would ever think. and if you had a sidexside with a bunch of kids buckled in it may be disasterous.

There is some off camber stuff that quads will easilly roll on, if not experienced.

I like all the trails and we do them real quick on bikes.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll have a great time out there. Some people hate the rocky trails, but I personally they are great fun even if it does get a tad expensive replacing rims and a-arms. I don't know if you saw this thread, but there is good info and some Garmin maps: https://www.snowandmud.com/alberta-483/grave-flats-staging-ruby-falls-southesk-1643.html#post11037 Also, there is access to a communication tower very close to the kiosk that is a great place to watch the sun set from. You can't ride right up to the communication tower, so when you hit the barricades, you will need to walk another 15 min or so to get to the tower. I can't supply you exact directions to the tower, so ask around and someone will tell you where to turn off the main road.

Top Bottom