Gopher season

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a .17 HMR, its the best for gophers IMO, small, pretty cheap and fast. My Savage is pretty accurate too.

I tried with .338 lapua once at 400 yds once. COMPLETE overkill but pretty hilarious. Wouldnt do it again though, waste of money haha that and you can't beat the action you get with .17 HMR like i mean they fly when hit with those things :)

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a .17 HMR, its the best for gophers IMO, small, pretty cheap and fast. My Savage is pretty accurate too.

I tried with .338 lapua once at 400 yds once. COMPLETE overkill but pretty hilarious. Wouldnt do it again though, waste of money haha that and you can't beat the action you get with .17 HMR like i mean they fly when hit with those things :)
.338 Lapua would have just left a pink misty hole....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you like seeing critters get blowed up, you may enjoy this. go to :39 in....brutal

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you like seeing critters get blowed up, you may enjoy this. go to :39 in....brutal

How to head shoot deer - age restricted - contains graphic images - YouTube

That's completely irresponsible. Its way to much of a risk taking a headshot on a deer. I can't believe guys who do this. I've seen a couple jawless deer and i shake my head. They starve to death, slowly.

gophers are a different story though. They are pests and if you injure one, his comrades will kill him or expose him again for you. Last time i checked, deer dont do that.

On another note that was one heck of a shot, still disappointing he would try it though.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's completely irresponsible. Its way to much of a risk taking a headshot on a deer. I can't believe guys who do this. I've seen a couple jawless deer and i shake my head. They starve to death, slowly.

gophers are a different story though. They are pests and if you injure one, his comrades will kill him or expose him again for you. Last time i checked, deer dont do that.

On another note that was one heck of a shot, still disappointing he would try it though.
it is a helluva shot. you can see he nailed it right between the eyes, the flap of skin has a perfect hole in it when it flops back after the top of it's head blows off. it's not something I condone either, but man....that footage is crazy.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rocky View No. 44-20130505-01725.jpg

This is how I do it...:)

How's gopher season going for everyone?

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
need to find new areas, i know of entire fields wiped out from constant gopher shooting

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL lando I take it you didn't read to the bottom of the page?

4. Magazines designed for one firearm but used in a different firearm
The maximum permitted capacity of a magazine is determined by the kind of firearm it is designed or manufactured for use in and not the kind of firearm it might actually be used in. As a consequence, the maximum permitted capacity remains the same regardless of which firearm it might be used in.
Example:
The Marlin model 45 (Camp Carbine) rifle chambered for 45 Auto caliber uses magazines designed and manufactured for the Colt 1911 handgun, therefore the seven round and eight round capacities are permitted. A similar example is the 10 round capacity magazine for the Rock River Arms LAR-15 pistol, regardless of the kind of firearm it is actually used in.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Lit a fair bit up today. Two .22 a .17hmr and a.223 made for a good day of fun

Sent from my phone

Last edited:
Top Bottom