Gopher season

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Makes sense as human beings are the dominant species on this planet.......so i"m not sure if there's much common sense comparing us to coyotes.....and killer animals no matter what kind are always put down. They are pests and should be shot. Better them than family pets or livestock. If you have a mouse problem get cats....lots of cats.

No just dont clean out every coyote on the earth that is common sense, and anyone who says you cant are wrong, and i have cats there bud and the mice are still everywhere around where i live, and the ones that are not hurting livestock and pets, then leave them alone. I am all for shooting whats hurting your livestock or pets.( Oh it seems that you forgot about the calf decoy statement ). Bears kill livestock and people so kill them all to, and every other species.

I in no way am trying to condone the extinction of a species......but thats not gonna happen with farmers shooting coyotes. You seem to have a special bond with these animals. If i said that it is stupid to shoot gophers because they eat the gophers by my house (they are known cannibals) and i like them.....would that make sense?

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I in no way am trying to condone the extinction of a species......but thats not gonna happen with farmers shooting coyotes. You seem to have a special bond with these animals. If i said that it is stupid to shoot gophers because they eat the gophers by my house (they are known cannibals) and i like them.....would that make sense?

I have no bond with coyotes i am just tired of everyone who has a gun shooting them for NO reason, just for fun, like i said coyotes eat mice and where i live we are over run with them. Coyotes do have a purpose on this planet and not just for killing for fun. I am just saying that's all.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no bond with coyotes i am just tired of everyone who has a gun shooting them for NO reason, just for fun, like i said coyotes eat mice and where i live we are over run with them. Coyotes do have a purpose on this planet and not just for killing for fun. I am just saying that's all.

Coyotes kill cats and foxes which kill as many if not more mice then coyotes. There is a reason i put a 7.62x39mm in the head every chance i get.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headin to Saskbush for some gopher hunting with my son and a couple buddys on buddys familys land. Gonna be a nice relaxing afternoon.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Makes sense as human beings are the dominant species on this planet.......so i"m not sure if there's much common sense comparing us to coyotes.....and killer animals no matter what kind are always put down. They are pests and should be shot. Better them than family pets or livestock. If you have a mouse problem get cats....lots of cats.

Meant as reply to 09 ac m8...not riverjet...quoted weird

Yes there seems to be some tech issues happening today.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The US govt dispatches approx 90,000 coyotes per year. Trappers in Manitoba harvest from 3000 to 8000 per year.

In other words, Coyotes are never going to be in danger of extinction due to hunting. You shoot one and two more replace it.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The US govt dispatches approx 90,000 coyotes per year. Trappers in Manitoba harvest from 3000 to 8000 per year.

In other words, Coyotes are never going to be in danger of extinction due to hunting. You shoot one and two more replace it.

Just like you'll never fish out an ocean full of tuna and now guess what we are very low on tuna, whoever thinks you cant make a species like the coyote go extinct is plain wrong, and i am just saying that it isn't impossible to make them run low. (just like the wolf.)

Last edited:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe i will set up the save the coyote foundation in my spare time.......there numbers are dangerously low and in need of conservation. To donate to the coyote fund please call 1-800-who-care. Our operators are standing by.

Not sure the comparison is valid either as coyote doesn't have the same value commercially world wide as tuna does...........perhaps you could compare them to another beloved animal....like the mosquito

Last edited:

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe i will set up the save the coyote foundation in my spare time.......there numbers are dangerously low and in need of conservation. To donate to the coyote fund please call 1-800-who-care. Our operators are standing by.

Not sure the comparison is valid either as coyote doesn't have the same value commercially world wide as tuna does...........perhaps you could compare them to another beloved animal....like the mosquito

I know you would care if you had a mouse problem, yes lets just kill every animal that we see, that would be the best, and your view is that there is no point to coyotes on earth and have no purpose except to kill. I guess if you say so then it must be true, And beloved mosquito grab a brain.

Last edited:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you would care if you had a mouse problem, yes lets just kill every animal that we see, that would be the best, beloved mosquito grab a brain.

I'll leave it alone now boss......again I in no way want any species hunted till extinction( except maybe mosquito's). If they don't bother you and help your mouse problem don't shoot em. For the people who have yote issues you can see there point. Back to gophers.......

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Out smakin gophers ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340658624.961864.jpg

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a gopher just moved in under our deck and front step, no wonder why the dogs have been sniffing around there so much lately

Top Bottom