Good cheap Superglide Alternative?..

woodsman27

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good cheap superglide alternative for sled deck/trailer (not for ramps, just for deck/floor). Anyone know where I can get something like this? Royal won't ship the stuff.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good cheap superglide alternative for sled deck/trailer (not for ramps, just for deck/floor). Anyone know where I can get something like this? Royal won't ship the stuff.

I don't see anything on that link that even resembles a superglide....... But as Ron has already said, you get what you pay for :twocents:

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really an alternative for it, but if you are just using it to protect the flooring, some old truck bed liner cut into strips did the job in my old trailer no issue. Just gotta be careful not to make the strips too wide, as they are plenty slippery when wet.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While it wasn't because of price, more the fact I ran into some excess for free, but used solid, non grooved composite decking boards and routered out the grooves. Leaves a huge mess with the shavings, but it worked good and stood up quite well on one of our trailers.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Superglides are worth the extra cash. You don't have to replace them because they don't break like cheaper alternatives.

woodsman27

Reaction score
I should have described what I'm looking for better. I want some type of matting material I can cut and use to cover the floor inside the trailer. I've seen some of the CJay trailers and the stuff they use is wicked. Doesn't tear up and no need for super glides on the floor. Maybe I'll call them up and see what they use and get some prices.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fosters Covered Wagon in Devon sells gator glides, at least last year and that is where I got mine.

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I should have described what I'm looking for better. I want some type of matting material I can cut and use to cover the floor inside the trailer. I've seen some of the CJay trailers and the stuff they use is wicked. Doesn't tear up and no need for super glides on the floor. Maybe I'll call them up and see what they use and get some prices.
I'd be interested in that too.... find a link for us :)

woodsman27

Reaction score
Link to CJay's website is below, but does not have much info. They told me what they use is plywood with a thin type of matting that they get from somewhere in the US - about $160 per sheet and they said they have a hell of time getting it in. I think I'm going to rock guard it and be done with it. Guess we'll see how it holds up on plywood.

CJAY Trailers Enclosed Trailer Cargo Trailers

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Until you need to walk on it. Crazy slippery.

It's actually not that slippery, we surfaced a skateboard ramp with it years ago, it worked great. The arena was re-doing all there boards and we got it for free. You could always buff it with a wire wheel to ruff it up a little.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's actually not that slippery, we surfaced a skateboard ramp with it years ago, it worked great. The arena was re-doing all there boards and we got it for free. You could always buff it with a wire wheel to ruff it up a little.
Dry it isn't bad but I've stepped on it wet and snow covered and it can be a rodeo.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ski slippers. Done!
That's what I would do next time. e35230.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom