Good Buy or Good Bye?

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris RMK 600

Info:
Price: 6500
Year: 2008
Other: low kms, 144 inch track rumble pac can, SLP big air kit, fuel can rack, great shape

About Me:
Age 20, 180lbs, 5'10, Been riding since I was 7. Last 3.5 years been riding a 1997 700 RMK. I went to the mountains 3 times last year, I have all the gear(Pieps Beacon, Probe, Shovel, 15L ABS Pack, 2 Canisters, First Aid Kit, Need more Avy Education). It's been a good sled but my younger brother will take it over, and I would like to get a newer sled.

Questions:
Will I experience a power loss going to a 600?
It is 100cc less but this sled is also 11 years newer so it should go faster?
Since 800's are technically 600's bore'd out, this sled should be very reliable?

#1: Sled Im interested in..

#2: Current Sled at Mcbride

Attachments

• currentsled.jpg
    currentsled.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 304
  • dreamsled.jpg
    dreamsled.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 88

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a reasonable price to me. And with such a huge jump in technology, you'll probably notice an increase in power. It should get ya to the places you want to go.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good sled, decent price but you are 20 and 180lbs so I would suggest you just go for an 800. I think you'll outgrow the 600 before to long and want more. If your worried about the reliability of the 800 Poo get a Doo or Cat and don't worry about that brand loyalty crap I promise you none of the brands are very loyal to their customers, dealers on the other hand sure can be.

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 600 would be an excellent upgrade but I think you would regret not getting an 800.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the guys in our group rides a RMK 600, might even be an '08. It surprises me how much it can do, but in the mountains there are days I bet he wishes he had a bit more power.

That being said, if you only average 3-4 days of mountain riding and you are usually riding elsewhere, its a good sled. Now for pricing, I don't follow the Poo's much, it is 3 years old now, with a new model line on the way. If you could get it for $6000, its a good sled for a good price.

With the 144" though, don't expect it to be a true Rocky Mountain King. It will get you into spots you might not be able to get out of on days you wish you had a 163" Turbo. Still a great sled though.

:beer:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Josh, speak to Smurff, he can upgrade you to a Doo 1000 for less than $6,500, it is older than an 08, but comes witha huge amount of extras! and you have seen it in action!;)

That there might be reason alone NOT to talk to Snurff....:d

I think you would really enjoy the 600 (or the 1000...yikes!). Either way it's a big upgrade for you and it will be fun, fun, fun to see you out rip roaring on your new toy.

D

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smurff takes care of everything he owns and seems to be quite a mechanic, but the amount that sled has been rode scares me. I know it has a new motor and hes invested a couple mortgages into it, but theres still a lot of wear on everything else. I don't think I could handle riding something covered in honeycomb, with a smurf bee!! :p

whickey

Reaction score
It will be a compleatly different sled. I would try for an 800 just because next year you will want one but you be able to do a whole lot more with the 600 complared to your old RMK. The nice thing is you will be able to kick it around more. You won't like it in deep snow though.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Find a 700 or 800 if you want a RMK, 600 are carbed its a pane have to jet every time you go to the mountains.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
My buddy might be selling his 08 600 155 EFI with SLP Pipe and Can, fuel rack, Pro Taper Bars, Cover.

If you haven't rode one, I want to be there to watch you. It is hard not tipping them over if you are not used to the newer IQ Chasis. I have fell off and pretty much everyone that jumps on it has fallen off, some only make it 20 yds. It is so effortless compared to the older model and other makes such as the REV.

I will talk with my buddy, and I'll let you know. It's only 25 minutes from GP.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With only 3-4 days riding in the mountains this sled is perfect for you. Sure there might be a day or two where you wish you had more power but sometimes more is just more. The price is right and it is a very reliable sled. Don't let people talk you into something you don't need or even want. Remember its only a deal if its on something you want. I see far too often folks with big 800's and even 1000's that have never to the mountains and just assume because its a big sled its the best for them. My advise is to buy what you need to ride where you ride. Everyone says go with the longer track, yes they are nice to have on deep powder days in steep conditions but remember back when a 1" 136 was a big track, (not too long ago) and they seemed to work just fine.

Take care i hope you get something you truly want

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With only 3-4 days riding in the mountains this sled is perfect for you. Sure there might be a day or two where you wish you had more power but sometimes more is just more. The price is right and it is a very reliable sled. Don't let people talk you into something you don't need or even want. Remember its only a deal if its on something you want. I see far too often folks with big 800's and even 1000's that have never to the mountains and just assume because its a big sled its the best for them. My advise is to buy what you need to ride where you ride. Everyone says go with the longer track, yes they are nice to have on deep powder days in steep conditions but remember back when a 1" 136 was a big track, (not too long ago) and they seemed to work just fine.

EXACTLY!!! Thank you for saying it.

J came on here asking about ONE particular sled he is interested in.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy might be selling his 08 600 155 EFI with SLP Pipe and Can, fuel rack, Pro Taper Bars, Cover.

If you haven't rode one, I want to be there to watch you. It is hard not tipping them over if you are not used to the newer IQ Chasis. I have fell off and pretty much everyone that jumps on it has fallen off, some only make it 20 yds. It is so effortless compared to the older model and other makes such as the REV.

I will talk with my buddy, and I'll let you know. It's only 25 minutes from GP.
How many kms/miles? Thanks for looking into it

You are exactly right

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 6 and 700 are real good sleds. cant go wrong with it

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always love the response to my posts, really gives you an insight from different angles, and allows you to look at all the variables.
Cheers!

Top Bottom