GM parts at reasonable prices.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I haven't actually. Maybe that's why I don't dislike them as many do. I mean the 88-98's had no secondary latch.... and I am not sure if all the 99 up trucks do or not but I know 03 up does for sure. All I do is cut the catch off the edge of latching mechanism and then it's like the previous gen winches without the latch.

The secondary latch had to go when I got a flat a couple weeks ago....... fighting with that stupid thing in the dirt was enough. Of course over tightening as per the book would not release it..... so I had to put the jack up under the center of it and jack up until it released. That's when I fixed that issue. My work truck gets pretty damn muddy from the clay crap roads but I keep the tire cleaned out. I have only see them break when the tire is level full of mud and then the cable rusts away to nothing...... thus the secondary latch lol.

I just bought a low mile 04 light duty 2500..... and it has no winch and no spare beyond one of the aluminum factory rims rolling around in the bed, lol. Gee..... I wonder why, lol. So actually I have to find a spare style steel rim for it too.

This truck will see minimal mud and whatnot.... I bought it because of how rust free the chassis and suspension on it is. Basically never saw much winter and got washed obviously. I just don't like the spare in the way all the time in the box.

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rockauto.com

priced out a set of wires from the local dealer for my Sonoma and ended up ordering wires, plugs, tps, dis, rotor and cap all shipped to my house overnight for the same price as the wires at the local dealer. Also ordered a whole bunch of Moog front end parts, and wheel bearings without any problems. Just make sure you pick Fedex International priority shipping, and as long as you place the order before noon, you'll have it before 5pm the next day.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rockauto.com

priced out a set of wires from the local dealer for my Sonoma and ended up ordering wires, plugs, tps, dis, rotor and cap all shipped to my house overnight for the same price as the wires at the local dealer. Also ordered a whole bunch of Moog front end parts, and wheel bearings without any problems. Just make sure you pick Fedex International priority shipping, and as long as you place the order before noon, you'll have it before 5pm the next day.

My discount at my local Napa brings most items to the same price as online stuff like Rockauto, which I have also bought from. Fedex smashed the hell out of a set of electric fans I bought and were a general PITA to deal with. In fact, they will not deliver to me period as they don't go to Westlock, nor have a depot here like Purolator/UPS does. I personally would never deal with Fedex again. I am not interested in purchasing stuff I can get at Napa/Bumper to Bumper/Rockauto from General Motors. It's trim items that are OEM only and the suggestion from whoDeanie is the route I am taking.

Last edited:

martincc

Reaction score
I also recomend rockauto.. I bought 2 rancho shocks, moog pitman arm, moog idler arm, 2 moog inner and 2 outter tie rods, 4 moog ball joints and 2 torsion bar mount bushings for my duramax.. cost ~700 shipped.. arrived in about 5 buniess days to Calgary. No fees from Fedex on either order. This is about half what the local parts stores wanted, and just for fun I got an estimate from the dealer.. they wanted close to 5000 (parts and labour) to replace all the front end parts.. insane. I also ordered my injectors from the US and did the job myself for about $2000.. dealer wanted $6000. Hard to shop local when the difference is so large for the exact same product.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy smokes, Rockauto.com is my new go to place from here on in. I truly cant believe the price differences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom