GIO Quads

Highmaintenence

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking into a GIO 110cc quad for my daughter. I really like the price and the dealer tells me they have lots of parts. Has anyone had experience with these quads?

Highmantainence

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking into a GIO 110cc quad for my daughter. I really like the price and the dealer tells me they have lots of parts. Has anyone had experience with these quads?

Highmantainence

Yes i have. Great little unit for learning on. Have 2 110's and my 200 or so lbs goes on them without any issues. They are easy to start for the kids so you are not chasing them around every time they turn them off. Never had to work on them or had either break down, 2 years old every weekend in the summer they get used. I would buy another when the kids outgrow the 110

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one and you get what you pay for. Great motor, after that it's down hill.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got one for my son he is 6 and rides it hard and runs great been riding it for 2 summers now with out a problem

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both the kids have the Gio 50 cc'c. You get what you pay for. But they have rode them for the last 4yrs for the boy and 2 for the girl. They seem to keep going. Mother in law is upgrading the boy to a 11 this year so we will see how that goes.:d

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get what U pay for. I bought a 2009 110 for my grand daughter. one season and she was ready for a REAL ATV ,,a 1980 Honda ATC 70.. both my sons learned on those, and now they have them for there kids, we made 2 outa 6.added new plastic and seats, rebuilt the motors and walla.

disregard date on picture, dont know how to change it on canera.it was taken last summer.

Attachments

• Coopers New ATC 70.jpg
    Coopers New ATC 70.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 273

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lost track of how many we have had over the years. they are great for the price, just check all nuts and bolts. we have now upgraded them to brand name quads (yam,suzuki) because of the quality but as a starter quad for 5-6 years it worked great. my son does love his stroke suzuki LT80

d.t.rider

Reaction score
Good Quads change oil, put NGK plug in,run only premium gas,you should have no problems.Do this before first start. If it is a Bull Quatro leave front fenders off!!! to bad they dont have foot brakes.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Quads change oil, put NGK plug in,run only premium gas,you should have no problems.Do this before first start. If it is a Bull Quatro leave front fenders off!!! to bad they dont have foot brakes.

That's good advice. They ship them with some crap oil in the crankcase, and the rice munchers can't build a spark plug. Make sure you run an NGKCR7HSA. Also, when you put fuel in it, let it sit for 30 or so minutes, then drain 200-300ml or so from the bottom drain on the float bowl. They are shipped with a small gel packet in the bowl. After that, you should be good to go.

zrtdarryl

Reaction score
nordegg summers lake havasu winters <retirement p
i ride a gio 250 dirt bike and it is pretty good just DO NOT use the oil that came in the engine
a relative has the 110 as an extra quad and it has worked great for the last 3 years
in china ther are probably 100 manufacturers of quads dirt bikes scooters and only 20 or so are any good the gio seems to be one of the good ones
i have even seen that zongshen engine in mexico in honda street bikes

and i am an old guy

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree you get what u pay for i would recommend if there real cheap you buy two, I have seen too many long faces in here when customers, granparents bring in the cheaper units and find it will cost more to fix than there worth..... if your a mechanical handy man and have lots of patients then , i guess there worth it..they are cheap..so if it lasts a summer it would be worth it.

i love to see the smiles, but not the upside down ones when the stuff doesnt work.

just my two cents

T

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a 110, not a GIO but a Chinese copy of a sport quad for my kid. I had mostly nothing but trouble with the piece of chit and he didn't ride it that much. I'll never buy a copy again. I'd sooner buy a brand machine that is 4 years old in good shape than a new copy. I don't have time to be tinkering with the thing all the time. I think these copies are garbage.

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a MAXAM from dealer in RD and it didn't even see a full tank of fuel. They are called single tankers for a reason. One tank of fuel and they are scrap. Bet what you pay for, BRand Name machines handle better and hold a value.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mother-in-law got the 110 the other week. We were playing with it in the alley and I am not impressed with it. Tried to change gears with it and it wouldn't change for me. So I am now hunting for a Name brand. :d Terry did them quads come in yet?:d

Stroodle

Reaction score
bought a Gio 110 2 years ago - bit of a pain to assemble - the rear axle components are something to be desired - suspension is to stiff even for me at 260lbs! Starter came corroded on the inside and once pulled apart and cleaned it has been pretty good. Had to change the carb as the original leaked, put a new battery in it almost out of the gate, but you get what you pay for - it is fun when it is running!

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at the made in China atv's for my girls, but opted for a 1985 honda atc 125 quad, got it for $300 and just have to put in rear axle bearings because it sat for awhile.

Wouldn't start when I got it, cleaned the green out of the carb and it started second pull

ChevMan1978

Reaction score
I have a Gio X31 250 Dirt Bike and I'm very happy with it. Run premium fuel, change oil to AMSOIL and make sure everything is tight. Only bolt I had an issue with was the swing arm pivot bolt.

I put the upgraded CDI in and it makes more than enough power to haul my butt around(all 270lbs of it!:d)

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother in law and his wife just bought 2 ebikes I thought that they were going to be POS's but they r really great!! I'm a big girl and it hauls my azz around no problem!! They only paid just over $500 for them and that was delivered to their door!

He did not have to do any extra work to them for them to work which was a surprise because they have 2 110 quads and 2 mini dirt bikes and all of them he has had to do lots of extra work to make them run. So if anyone is looking into electric bikes these are pretty sweet!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Top Bottom