gio beast 200 ?good for my lady??

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey all looking at a bike for my lady and this one could be a good deal, u think it will do alright for her puttten around?

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beware want you say the girls on here will give you a chopstick in the eye :d:d:d:d
get her the biggest/shinest/bike you can buy

Last edited:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As trevor baker from all-season in Brooks has always told me. You can buy the Chinese quads for a good price but you better buy 2-3 for parts.

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thnx fellas, and i am in no way bashing any of the ladies on here, just saying she dont ride much atall and she dont go to fast, so was just thinken she may get a few weekends on it, i may look around and try and find sumthing a lil better for her, thnx guys

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As trevor baker from all-season in Brooks has always told me. You can buy the Chinese quads for a good price but you better buy 2-3 for parts.

That is so true. I bought a GIO quad and everytime I went out I had some sort of damage to it. Then I bought a real quad and have not had anything brake in the 8 times it has been out so far. You get what you pay for. The GIO dirt bikes are solid. I own one of those and have for 2 years and not a single problem. Its a fun bike. :d

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haa haa! Chopstick in the eye!

We were on a super tight budget and bought a few 200 beasts a few years ago. Loc tite!!!!!!!!!! and then more loc tite... then check everything again...

If she only wants to putt around it should be fine. Not the smoothest ride out there for sure. They are made cheaply so you will have to keep that in mind.

If you are introducing her to quadding and this is her first experience she could become soured because it isn't a smooth ride and little things always seem to go wrong. The chains are garbage, Tires are garbage.. so that in itself can make you want to stab them with a chopstick. The engines themselves seem to be ok.. but everything else around them is subject to break at any given time.

Last edited:

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother in law has 2 110 hummer gios and everytime they try to go mess around out back with them they are tightening chains. But other then that make sure everything is tight like Momma said loc tight!! But being a first timer last year with my own quad I woulda been supremely pissed had then man come home with a gio for me!! lol lucky for him he brought a 350 Honda :D. Good luck and if she is hardly gonna ride it then I'd say Gio would be oK.....

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well thank you all for the responses, i kinda figured at the end of the day you get what you pay for, at this point anything asides from the back of my machine would be good for her, she dont like the wheelies:firefire: hahaha i may keep an eye open but just want her to be able to ride sumthing of her own, lots to think about guys and gals, also thnx again for the replys, you guys are becoming my SECOND family haha cheers all:beer:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed with all that was said avove. Another thing I found with the GIO 200 was that the clutch is quite stiff...not very forgiving if she's going for a couple hour trail ride. The ride also imitates the paint shaker at Home Depot...but, who knows, you might not be able to keep her off it.

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well with everybody and there knowledge i went looking around today and may have found a good starter quad for her, abit more money then i wanted to drop but i DONT wanna hear it hahaha ;) so im looking at this 01 trx 400 honda 2wd, has had full service and a 6 month warrenty from the shop, its yellow and n decent shape and momma likes it, guy wants 26 tax in, what you all think of the "upgrade" from looking at gio's???

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well with everybody and there knowledge i went looking around today and may have found a good starter quad for her, abit more money then i wanted to drop but i DONT wanna hear it hahaha ;) so im looking at this 01 trx 400 honda 2wd, has had full service and a 6 month warrenty from the shop, its yellow and n decent shape and momma likes it, guy wants 26 tax in, what you all think of the "upgrade" from looking at gio's???

I have a beuatiful 2003 400 EX with a bunch of goodies...runs and drives like new. I'd let you have it for the same price. Here's a couple pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1433.jpg
    IMG_1433.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1434.jpg
    IMG_1434.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1435.jpg
    IMG_1435.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 63

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a beuatiful 2003 400 EX with a bunch of goodies...runs and drives like new. I'd let you have it for the same price. Here's a couple pics.

thats awsome, actually in better shape then the one im looking at, the thing is we were thiken of throwen down sum coin and financing the rest, only 2 g, so that could be a problem for us, but much appreciate the offer, im sure sumone will snatch it up really quick at that price,

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good call on the Honda, they really are bullit proof...she'll have fun.

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya they hold there value well, aswell as a reliable machine, we will see how that goes, to bad i didnt have sum extra flow because i woulda jumped on that .

Top Bottom