Garmin Rino® 530HCx

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Speaker mic's

how is your unit working? I have a 530 and a 110......what part number did you get? how much to your door?

Love the 530, got a real good deal out of the states a couple of years ago on ebay, plus it has the 5 watts on the higher channels. The only issue I have had with it was with the compass, but I just had to re-calibrate it and good to go, no other problems or complaints at all with it. I just got the mic in the mail the other day, so other than annoying the hell out of the wife by planting my spare radio wherever she happens to be and doing some 'test calls' with it, I havent had a chance to try it out in the real world yet, hopefully this weekend. :beer: :)

XNM936RD-G2 - I believe it was 65.00 to my door.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For mapping i would go with the topo canada as you can load what ever you want on any handheld or any Garmin that you might own.
Also then you can down load from the GPS to computer and save routes and waypoints.
After they are down loaded you can save them and reinstall later or transfer to other Garmins.
Also you can view your tracks and way points in Google earth if you want which can be pretty cool.
I have been using this for years and updates are free.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im gonna be buyin a 530 here right quick for sleddin and huntin.. on ebay, cheapest new one i found is 371 canadian plus 15 shipping USPS, not to shabby.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im gonna be buyin a 530 here right quick for sleddin and huntin.. on ebay, cheapest new one i found is 371 canadian plus 15 shipping USPS, not to shabby.

Where did you find these?

Looking for 2 530's

thanks

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just watch out.....out of 7 Garmin GPS (530 and 120) I had 5 that had major isues right out of the box....and when it cost $28 bucks to send them in to get fixed it sure added up to the total cost..... and I bought mine at the GPS store but you have to send them back east to quebec to get fixed.......Garmin should pay for the shipping.....so my good deal in the long run cost me over $150 and A LOT OF FRICKING TIME AND MORE MONEY DRIVING BACK AND FORTH (3 hours) TO THE STORE....and TIME AT THE POST OFFICE.......just my 2 cents! guess I have bad luck......that why I ride a Yamaha lol.....

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That seems like a very good price! I seem to recall paying a little over 500 for mine.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gps city calgary has the 520hcx at 299 and the 530 chx at 389.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called all over hells half acre before I went the US route...no one had them or would admit it over the Phone...GPS store in Edmonton ... nope. Lucky you...:beer:

Im not sure what the law is but she told me after I bought it........didnt know there was a difference but now I do! if you want there phone number...let me know!

T

TracksCanada

Just a FYI:
I got this off the "two way radio forums"

" you are going to find very little difference between 1 watt and 5 watts power. Maybe 20 or 40 feet or so. It is more of how the radio puts that power out there, and this is where higher quality radios with better antennas can defeat cheaper radios with 5 times the power.

The spec you are looking for is the audio output power. This is usually measured in milliwatts (mW). You want to get as much audio output as you can find. Some radios have 500 or 600 mW audio output power, and there are some professional-level radios that can have as much as 1000 mW or more of audio output power.

Another problem is that some radios can't output that amount of power to the headset jack, but generally a higher audio output will be able to play louder in high noise environments. (That's of course loudness ... which has nothing to do with readability and clarity.)

Like power output, audio output is not a linear scale; 1000mW of audio output will not be twice as loud as a 500mW audio output radio. It doesn't work that way. (The law of diminishing returns.) But start looking at audio output power specs as one of the possible deciding factors, and read reviews to determine clarity of the transmission and reception. "

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when you go to register at the garmin site or plug your radio into there site over the net i uderstand your 5 watt may become a 2 watter. i'm also thinking your puting to much emphasis on power when they are still line of site. but then what do i know.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when you go to register at the garmin site or plug your radio into there site over the net i uderstand your 5 watt may become a 2 watter. i'm also thinking your puting to much emphasis on power when they are still line of site. but then what do i know.

Unless they changed it and it doesn't show on my radio it shows which channels put out what wattage ( higher channels put out 5 watts) I have had mine plugged into the computer a few times and its registered on Garmins site as well. :beer:

Top Bottom