Garmin Rino® 530HCx

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Thread to discuss tips, tricks etc. on 530HCx.

Just about to receive new 5 watt units from the states.

Perfect I need a couple by the 15th for hunting ................ would hate to lose my brother in law on the first day. :eek:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ive got the 520(no electronic compass)same radio.I like mine and it does everything as advertised,The 5 watt is a must though as the radio is the biggest weakness of this unit even with the 5 watt power.
catmando!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perfect I need a couple by the 15th for hunting ................ would hate to lose my brother in law on the first day. :eek:

Tisk Tisk Tisk, dont get caught with the radio (even on a gps) during hunting season, radios are illegal. Just sayin...........:d

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the 530 and I need to send it back. bought one and it was screwed from the package. and number two is total a piece of crap too. I have been meaning to send it back since last spring lol. electronic made in china suck but when it works, it is the best unit out there lol.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup they sure did every time we took them out to use them they never worked. But gave us an excuse to go ride lol

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes but we ride in the hills,mine works great on the lake too! LMAO!
catmando!

Yup same thing in the hills........just push the button........works everytime.........maybe your fingers are too weak........

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup same thing in the hills........just push the button........works everytime.........maybe your fingers are too weak........

Miss me dont you LOL!
catmando!
We really need to move a fridge!

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the 530 and I need to send it back. bought one and it was screwed from the package. and number two is total a piece of crap too. I have been meaning to send it back since last spring lol. electronic made in china suck but when it works, it is the best unit out there lol.

Ya, i have a broken watch thats right twice a day.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Tisk Tisk Tisk, dont get caught with the radio (even on a gps) during hunting season, radios are illegal. Just sayin...........:d

Really???? I've always taken a radio. When we hunt we split up, you hear a shot its nice to know if its your buddy and if he needs help. Thats the first I've heard of that. :confused:

We carry for safety and now with the GPS built in you always know where your partner is. Another huge safety thing.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No...just bought a bunch for our group.

Get them here...I ordered 6, they are through customs in Canada Post's trusty hands :eek:

:d

My 2 buddies and I also ordered the 530's through ebay - same price as Retodd quoted and we are waiting for them any day now. I can't wait

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really???? I've always taken a radio. When we hunt we split up, you hear a shot its nice to know if its your buddy and if he needs help. Thats the first I've heard of that. :confused:

We carry for safety and now with the GPS built in you always know where your partner is. Another huge safety thing.

I agree with ya doc and for every reason you mentioned and if I had one I would take it to. Stiff fine though so make sure it's outa site if the warden is around.

Top Bottom