g5 driveshaft clamp

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
soooooo, you are actually suggesting there may be a bit of an issue here that could stand to be addressed? are you sure looooool?

lol

i never once said the current gear setup was the correct equipment for the job. All i said was you wont have any issues if you keep an eye on it. But yes, i do believe BRP needs to get hyvo into these sleds for longevity sake. I know the hyvo will last. The current gears/chain wont give you any issues if you keep an eye on it but certainly not for as long as a hyvo setup will. But long enough for BRP to do something about it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bullch!t. You act like there never was a 180 HP snowmobile that took a jump before. Guys have been well north of 250 HP with boosted sleds for years and not had issues. Even the yamaha guys with big torque can get better life out of a chain.

there totally was i agree.

just not 25,000 of them with a new breed of sledder compare to you and i, doing much different maneuvers.

throw 180hp out to the masses with warranty and tell me your not going to see a few broken parts on the internet LOL. even if the design was 100% flawless

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ He’s not wrong, some guys just ride and don’t put a thought into maintaining their equipment.

Devils advocate, how many though they bought a G5 with HYVO in it and the parts fiche even said as much. IMO bad poker on Doo part for not informing the dealers what happened, guys that had previous turbos were used to having hyvo in there and the less maintenance that came with it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ He’s not wrong, some guys just ride and don’t put a thought into maintaining their equipment.

Devils advocate, how many though they bought a G5 with HYVO in it and the parts fiche even said as much. IMO bad poker on Doo part for not informing the dealers what happened, guys that had previous turbos were used to having hyvo in there and the less maintenance that came with it.
Agreed. At best the consumer should have been informed of the changes even though BRP has a disclaimer in their specs that they can change at any time to production. It’s a bit disingenuous to say the least

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These chains and all the stories arising sure has me worried. I have about 700Km on my G5 and I'm tightening the chain 2-3 turns still every weekend. My 21 never took any adjustments. Will open of my G5 this weekend and inspect everything.
Does anyone have stock on these TKI Drive shaft clamp fix?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Doo didn't inform me that my 22 didn't include the DESS post (a relatively important security feature that they advertised as being included) until a year after my purchase.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo didn't inform me that my 22 didn't include the DESS post (a relatively important security feature that they advertised as being included) until a year after my purchase.
Dealers knew about it at predelivery. There was communication to the dealers on this early.‘I’d be talking to your dealer

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealers knew about it at predelivery. There was communication to the dealers on this early.‘I’d be talking to your dealer
I'm well aware this was an issue. I assumed that when I asked if there was anything missing, and the answer was no, that the machine was complete. I'm pretty pissed that my dealer did not communicate this to me. But it's pretty absurd that the manufacturer couldn't have sent a recall notice sooner than one year after the date of purchase as well. Poor handling by BRP and the dealer.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These chains and all the stories arising sure has me worried. I have about 700Km on my G5 and I'm tightening the chain 2-3 turns still every weekend. My 21 never took any adjustments. Will open of my G5 this weekend and inspect everything.
Does anyone have stock on these TKI Drive shaft clamp fix?

mine stopped taking tension about 500km. i pull that cotter pin out and put it right in the hole on the bolt head. i dont trust the hex part isnt backing out.

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In reality, it seems that every sled builder cuts some corners, and could/should build a better product, especially at the cost of them. But we consumers keep buying them, then fixing the problems for the manufacturers, so in a way we are also responsible. If everyone said no more purchases until you build a better product, then they would have to do some testing, and make them better, but it doesn't work that way, as too many are happy as can be to spend $20,000 plus for that shiny new ride.
In a way I'm glad that when I bought my Cat, I didn't know diddly squat about sleds, it turns out that ignorance was bliss. Bought it, rode it, adjusted the track tension myself, added oil and gas, and rode it. Every summer when the season was done I dropped it off at the dealer, and said do whatever needs to be done to it for next winter, call me when its ready to be picked up, there is no rush.
Really never gave it another thought, figured they should know how to keep it maintained to get through another winter, I did 0 maintenance myself. Heck I didn't carry tools, or parts, never crossed my mind until talking to other riders on the mountain, and now joining here.
I feel blessed that it never left me stranded anywhere.
Ran out of gas once about 10 kms from the truck, wife towed me down to the parking lot, hers ran out of gas while she was trying to load it into our trailer. Four nice guys who were there helped us get both loaded.
Maybe just dumb luck to not be left stranded.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately, this is a separate issue when it comes to the actual parts in a sled compared to what the parts fiche says.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is a separate issue when it comes to the actual parts in a sled compared to what the parts fiche says.
Pretty sure the parts fische listed a "DESS Terminal" and they included a dummy version of it instead. No different than the parts fische indicating a hyvo gear and chain, and the sled arriving with something else.

Only difference is, the dealers didn't seem to be aware of the chain and gear substitution.

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the parts fische listed a "DESS Terminal" and they included a dummy version of it instead. No different than the parts fische indicating a hyvo gear and chain, and the sled arriving with something else.

Only difference is, the dealers didn't seem to be aware of the chain and gear substitution.
In my experience, some dealers just don't give a crap, so long as they can make a sale, lies are fine in their opinion.

Cops, politicians, and sales people all share that common trait of being full of BS.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yea but your sled will still run without that post even if you needed a new one and replaced it.
A hyvo chain on regular sprockets will not.
A DESS post vs incorrect parts installed at the factory are different issues and has caused the parts department lots of grief over the miscommunication, that was still not communicated with the dealers.

I get your frustration but these are separate issues. The failing chains caused guys lots more grief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea but your sled will still run without that post even if you needed a new one and replaced it.
A hyvo chain on regular sprockets will not.
A DESS post vs incorrect parts installed at the factory are different issues and has caused the parts department lots of grief over the miscommunication, that was still not communicated with the dealers.

I get your frustration but these are separate issues. The failing chains caused guys lots more grief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plenty of sleds seem to be running just fine without the hyvo chain, although I don't deny there is an issue.

Now, I can see a major issue if someone were to purchase a replacement chain and install it on the factory non-hyvo gears, or vice versa.

I'm just highlighting the fact that it's acceptable to BRP to ship whatever they want and provide no immediate indication to the consumer that there are not receiving exactly what was advertised.

Last edited:

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my experience, some dealers just don't give a crap, so long as they can make a sale, lies are fine in their opinion.

Cops, politicians, and sales people all share that common trait of being full of BS.
you bet, but the lowest form of life are these company dsm's. if things are rosy you will find them standing tall with their chest puffed out. when things are not so rosy and people want answers you will find them at home hiding under the bed. pathetic.

Top Bottom