G5 skid plate install.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am putting on the G5 skid plate . Has anyone installed the jack nuts with out the special install tool?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no, you need it to compress them. but you can just make a simple tool from some nuts and bolts. Or, depending on how much you want to dissassemble your sled you can just fasten it the old way with rivets and backers.

Good video at the bottom of the page.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_2860.jpeg
I just put mine on last night had to by the tool it worked great fits good.
Where are you located maybe can help you out

Attachments

• IMG_2862.jpeg
    IMG_2862.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 68

phatboy2007

Reaction score
Im in the same boat.
Is the tool a specific size for the install of the Rivnuts? I see a bunch for sale on amazon. Dont want to buy the wrong one lol.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im in the same boat.
Is the tool a specific size for the install of the Rivnuts? I see a bunch for sale on amazon. Dont want to buy the wrong one lol.
All you really need is some ready rod or a longer bolt with the same thread pitch and an extra nut. Spin the nut onto the ready rod, then the ready rod into the rivnut, push the rivnut into the hole so it bottoms out on the flange of the rivnut.

Then hold the ready rod while tightening the nut down onto the rivnut, sometimes you need a washer between the nut and rivnut to help the nut slip, keep tightening the nut until the rivnut compresses completely and you are good to do.

Takes a bit of time to do it that way, but I've never had one strip out, Bolt Supply or Fastenal should have extra rivnuts if you get in a pickle.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I think I will go old school and just rivet with backers seemed to work on all my other sleds.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the job done ! (not to bad) I used the the rivnut. Just used a longer bolt threaded into the rivnut with a 13mm nut sandwiched in between. Tighten by hand wile holding the 13mm nut and bob is your uncle.

Top Bottom