g5 driveshaft clamp

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ah yes but when quick drive belts were failing for this reason the doo faithful all said that it doesn't happen with a chaincase. polaris junk!
weaker parts and a wobbly coupler are why, not b/c it's a chain case or this would have happen all year. every year.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done so to my Cat numerous times, and broken nothing.
i dont know what your cat has but my point is that with weaker parts and a flawed design, parts are gonna break. it's not because it's a chain case.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it doesn't but in all reality the components should survive this, maybe use better parts or have a disclaimer when purchasing that jumping will void warranty. I ran at least 260hp through my boosted nytros chaincase without issue.
But we’re you dropping cliffs and jumping pillows? Inquiring minds need to know lol

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You arent a mountain rider bud? Large rocks covered with snow guys launch off of. Check out Muskoka's vids on the site. You will see what I mean.

Thanks.
I wouldn't call them pillows, more like HARDS.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But we’re you dropping cliffs and jumping pillows? Inquiring minds need to know lol
Touched down under power many times, never an issue. Its hard to believe that BRP still uses those garbage chains from the mid 90's. Polaris and Yamaha were running hyvo chains in the late 90's

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Touched down under power many times, never an issue. Its hard to believe that BRP still uses those garbage chains from the mid 90's. Polaris and Yamaha were running hyvo chains in the late 90's
maybe that'll change by the time the 24's are delivered. it should for sure for the turbos.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There was hyvo in the 2020.5 to 2022 turbos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fair point. makes it even more "mind bottling" that they went with the design they did and weaker drive chain components.

the weaker drive train components were a supply chain issue and im confident the hyvo sets will make it back into the 2024 models because as mentioned they came in all of the turbos from 2020.5 to 2022.
Whether or not they retrofit the 2023 models.....we can only hope. It would be the right thing to do.

with 180+ horsepower they are going to have to add some more meat to the bottom gear and i would really like to see new drivers. Your going to likely see an update to the coupler aswell. It wont be talked about but it will be different.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the weaker drive train components were a supply chain issue and im confident the hyvo sets will make it back into the 2024 models because as mentioned they came in all of the turbos from 2020.5 to 2022.
Whether or not they retrofit the 2023 models.....we can only hope. It would be the right thing to do.

with 180+ horsepower they are going to have to add some more meat to the bottom gear and i would really like to see new drivers. Your going to likely see an update to the coupler aswell. It wont be talked about but it will be different.
soooooo, you are actually suggesting there may be a bit of an issue here that could stand to be addressed? are you sure looooool?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh thought those were after tremors from the Turkey quake? Makes sense now. Haha jk jk

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My guess would be, that chain was a strategic move. It's the cheapest piece to replace on the new quick change set up. Likely a good stress test on the other component's, as they seem to have been holding up? Unless they are failing as well, but I have not heard of them coming apart. I would be changing the chain and gears to HYVO proactively on the 2023, or a 2024 in the event they were delivered with the non HYVO.

Top Bottom