g5 driveshaft clamp

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if BRP is going to step up to the plate for the upcoming flurry of repairs?
Or will they stick the cost to the owners like in the past?
Was gonna snowcheck but this is kind of a game changer on that choice.
Going to wait it out a bit to see.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if BRP is going to step up to the plate for the upcoming flurry of repairs?
Or will they stick the cost to the owners like in the past?
Was gonna snowcheck but this is kind of a game changer on that choice.
Going to wait it out a bit to see.
It might be a case of "some" are loose and "some" are tight. This was the case of the earlier Quickdrive gears ont the Polaris driveshafts. The loose gears were breaking retainer bolts as they wobbled under the head of the bolts until the stress was too much. You don't hear about that problem much these days. I have a buddy with a G5 and he did not get the grinding sound like some have reported. Hopefully that means his is good as I am not excited about the thought of towing that big sled off the mountain.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If ur worried about it, get buddies fix kit...

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys need to calm down lmao, the sleds fine. Tighten your chain and just ride it. Lots of the race dept guys running these sleds alot harder than the jerrys on this site without issues. Youll be OK
And there you have it, ride it like you stole it. Maxwell said it is good, so it is good.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone elses track rachet a little more on these sleds then the g4s? Was going up s drainage and hit a popper once i landed up hill heard a not so cool noise from down unda lol chain was tensioned morning of ride have had it happen a few times now

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone elses track rachet a little more on these sleds then the g4s? Was going up s drainage and hit a popper once i landed up hill heard a not so cool noise from down unda lol chain was tensioned morning of ride have had it happen a few times now
There is a thread on Snowest forum about upgrading the drivers. I am not sure if it is needed or if the tracks are stretching more with the extra power. 6 tooth drivers have much less grip on the track than 7 tooth.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a thread on Snowest forum about upgrading the drivers. I am not sure if it is needed or if the tracks are stretching more with the extra power. 6 tooth drivers have much less grip on the track than 7 tooth.
Ya im def running the track a little tighter then the g4, it has happened with and without the iceage big wheel kit was hoping i could run the track a little looser with the big wheels but nope

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya im def running the track a little tighter then the g4, it has happened with and without the iceage big wheel kit was hoping i could run the track a little looser with the big wheels but nope
Possible that the longer suspension arms are collapsing in on a big hit and because they are longer they let the track get looser when they fully compress?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine ratcheted twice popping off pillows.. It is really tight and it quit doing it for now

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Redline includes 7 tooth drivers with their turbo kit. Says the 6 ratchet too easily under increased power.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a chain case gear was moving 5mm you wouldn’t make it to the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
still-gonna-send-it.gif

Guess I'm gonna have to start riding where there's a cabin and see if I make it!

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious, as there are literally thousands of these G5s running up and down the mountains everyday how many are currently failing? I have heard of a chains breaking, and some drivers getting rounded a bit. But haven't heard of the quick change system failing? I wasn't fond of the adding more moving parts to such a critical area, but haven't really heard of any piling up. The chain I can see failing when they are not Hi-vo.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your an ignorant rider and don’t tighten your chain within 300km your going to have problems

For the rest of us, no problems. Just whaled hard on mine for 3 days straight. Took 3 turns after first ride and one each ride after that. Should be good now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have turned three clicks after first ride two after second and one after fourth ride. Haven't had to tighten again after that so I don't know.:unsure: Lots of chatter on snowest about chains wobbling and slapping

Top Bottom