Forster 23-24' conditions

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha ok I will. Thanks man
Snow is hard pack ch!t in the meadows with about 20cm of blower on top. Snow is excellent and 40-50cm deep on lakes/ glacier as of when I was there last Feb 15. However Wind was picking up/ snow was transporting and soft slab starting to develop.

thumperracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow is hard pack ch!t in the meadows with about 20cm of blower on top. Snow is excellent and 40-50cm deep on lakes/ glacier as of when I was there last Feb 15. However Wind was picking up/ snow was transporting and soft slab starting to develop.
Ya I expect everyone to be doing the parking lot race to the glacier this weekend lol

Huds72

Reaction score
Thunderwater - Feb 2024.jpg

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Busy up there with 85 sleds, that's the most we've had in a couple years.
Yeah, its amazing how one guy posts on the internet and everyone suddenly flocks like geese. Solid example of how fast the word gets out.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been getting progressively busier over the last 20 years... Unless you hit it on the right day, there's some times that it isn't worth going ....

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Won sure a big area they want to control???

Attachments

• 3CBE2972-D620-4DD1-BA5E-DFA06F697242.png
    3CBE2972-D620-4DD1-BA5E-DFA06F697242.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 93

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
out of town support is great, shows the economic value to the sport and land use.
I'm hoping to get some funding to get an economic study done for our area.
The wildlife groups get money from the government for studies on animal counts and travel routes. Need to make sure local political people know the benefits too.
Hey Pano-man...

Can you give us some more insight as to "who" this group is that has initiated this "planning initiative"....?
Just completed the survey....:rolleyes: What a pile of :poop:

I read every page on that website, every page of the meeting minutes, I researched all the names of the meeting attendees, looks like a group of that are definitely not interested in sharing any terrain with the snowmobile community. The commercial tenures look to be safe though...

At every opportunity this group has portrayed motorized recreational activities as an "intense" user group... meaning harmful and unwelcome. The hypocrisy is laughable... sled tracks in the alpine are erased every season, yet look a couple valleys to the south and the development around Panorama I have witnessed over the last 35 years is staggering.......

Sledders need to fill out the survey......

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Pano-man...

Can you give us some more insight as to "who" this group is that has initiated this "planning initiative"....?
Just completed the survey....:rolleyes: What a pile of :poop:

I read every page on that website, every page of the meeting minutes, I researched all the names of the meeting attendees, looks like a group of that are definitely not interested in sharing any terrain with the snowmobile community. The commercial tenures look to be safe though...

At every opportunity this group has portrayed motorized recreational activities as an "intense" user group... meaning harmful and unwelcome. The hypocrisy is laughable... sled tracks in the alpine are erased every season, yet look a couple valleys to the south and the development around Panorama I have witnessed over the last 35 years is staggering.......

Sledders need to fill out the survey......
I bet greed for there own good is why they have that little group. Sad.

powpounder

Reaction score
Holy ch!t, I’ve been going up there for many years and 1. I’ve never seen so many rocks 2. I’ve never seen so many tracks up there

How big is the million dollar rock right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where is the “million dollar rock”. More curious than anything. Only been once.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over the years it shoulda had a dedicated trail cam on it for the laughs, and painted gold…lol
The key here is don’t look at it.
or on icy evenings or mornings, bring some chain brakes

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is the “million dollar rock”. More curious than anything. Only been once.

It’s legendary, if your familiar with the area it’s on the last shelf before the off camper hill climb into the glacier, rookies who phuk up sleds get funneled into it. It’s called the million dollar rock as it’s caused more then that in damage over the years.

powpounder

Reaction score
It’s legendary, if your familiar with the area it’s on the last shelf before the off camper hill climb into the glacier, rookies who phuk up sleds get funneled into it. It’s called the million dollar rock as it’s caused more then that in damage over the years.

Ya only been once. Was there beginning of March last season for my first ever visit to Forster for a nice easy day ride from Calgary area. I hit a large rock on the right doing the first climb out from the valley up to the glacier. Broke my knee cap in half vertically and tore all my quadricep muscles along with 14g in damages to my 23 doo turbo. Thought maybe it was the “Million dollar rock” lol. 2 surgeries and 11 months of physio things are finally coming around!

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya only been once. Was there beginning of March last season for my first ever visit to Forster for a nice easy day ride from Calgary area. I hit a large rock on the right doing the first climb out from the valley up to the glacier. Broke my knee cap in half vertically and tore all my quadricep muscles along with 14g in damages to my 23 doo turbo. Thought maybe it was the “Million dollar rock” lol. 2 surgeries and 11 months of physio things are finally coming around!

That fucken sucks. Hopefully you make a full recovery

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch. I know the rock, It drifts pretty funny and is a fun hit on the way down....up not so much. That sucks dude.
I have a buddy who wrote a cat off on the million rock.

powpounder

Reaction score
Ouch. I know the rock, It drifts pretty funny and is a fun hit on the way down....up not so much. That sucks dude.
I have a buddy who wrote a cat off on the million rock.
Ya I don’t remember seeing the rock before impact. It’s makes me scratch my head how I couldn’t see it. Been sledding 28 years so I know better to watch for such hazards, but for whatever reason it got me good!

Top Bottom