forester conditions

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Forster yesterday…quite settled out and heavy. Good in the trees as usual, heavy and windblown in the open. Trail was good, road out was getting rotten. Went from -4 in the valley to 0 at the staging area in at the am. +3 when we left. Didn't get to freezing level until the woodshed. Decent, but too 'Springy' too early :(

Mustangrh68

Reaction score
I was really looking forward to getting back up there soon. Sounds like I better get my butt in gear! Last time we were up there was just after the last snow fall about a month ago. Did the avy fall in the back above the lake yet? There was a small one on the side of the wall while we were there.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone get up there this weekend thinking about forester tomorrow any updates would b apreciated

Fahrns

Reaction score
Conditions could be really good. Kicking Horse got about 30cm to the north and Panorama got about 20cm. I opted to ski today as visibility was nil and avy conditions are rated High right now in the Purcells. Weather is clearing up tomorrow so visibility should be improving. There were high SW winds with this storm so watch for wind loaded slabs. Freezing level was pretty high the last few days (~1400m). It's +7 right now in the valley but the powder at Pano was awesome today. Expect spring like conditions on the trail in but great snow in the meadow.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We pounded the meadow pretty good yesterday. Conditions were powder and blue bird. Really windy on the lakes and glacier, still lots to shred up there.

Trail in is brutally rough right from the fiets corner, does not look like its been groomed in a while.

Forster fsr is 2 ruts 6" deep, it's going to be sporty getting out in the afternoon when it gets warmer.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pics
forster1.jpg
forster2.jpg
forster3.jpg

motox208

Reaction score
Was there Sunday, snow was good up high and spring conditions down low, keep an eye out for slides coming down. Trail has been in rough shape and the road to the parking lot is getting muddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom