forester conditions

eClKaNdY

Reaction score
i rode last friday and went back sunday for half day... the guy with who i rode with didn't have much experience so we didn't make it to waterfall. the last creek crossing was wide, deep with really square edge,,,i went all way across to find a easy spot... but couldn't find any. there was a few spot i was tempt to try but i knew my buddy will not make it...and if anything go wrong would of been a long day... so if you're a bunch of experienced rider i"m sure there way to punch a trail... and if it snow it might be alright...need about 1-2 feet to make it ok, if there no new snow everything before the creek been track up like crazy...and if not touched i would not play there ,,,still a lot of rock and stump... hopefully it snow enough this week:). if you can make it to waterfall i bet it will be deep!!! i was playing on 2-3 feet of fluffy snow all week end:)

ice_kolde1

Reaction score
yeah we were in revelstoke crossing creeks all wekeend, about 2 weeks ago. there was some pretty good water walks just to get up the trail. we are pretty experienced. im sure we will poke up over thunderwater. hope the lake is frozen. anyone else headed there this weekend?

eClKaNdY

Reaction score
yeah we were in revelstoke crossing creeks all wekeend, about 2 weeks ago. there was some pretty good water walks just to get up the trail. we are pretty experienced. im sure we will poke up over thunderwater. hope the lake is frozen. anyone else headed there this weekend?

i think you be fine to cross the creek... and seems like theres ton of snow up top .i heard some guy made it the week end before (been snowin a good 3 -4 feet las week wich make those creek harder to cross) but the guys seems to say up thunderwater was good.and i'm sure it will have a few guy making a trail to get in this week end... tip if you go on middle of bowl there was one spot i think be easy to cross with a small sidehill folowing the creek...i would of done it but buddy would probably end up on the creek... if you go let mo know how up top...

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Still deciding on either Quartz or Forster for tomorrow.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed up that way this morning, will try to give some updates tonight or tomorrow. Safe sledding everyone!

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Forster yesterday. Still needs some snow but it was really coming down all day so hopefully that continues and covers some trees and stumps. Did find a lot of fresh available for playing and no issues getting back to the head wall, couldn't go over the top due to no visibility. Should be very good in a couple weeks if it keeps snowing.

motox208

Reaction score
Any updates on conditions out there? I plan to head there for a day ride on Sunday with a few guys

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy told me it was ok on sat..... needed a snorkle at times though. rumors of grooming this weekend, last yr it was thursday nights.

TARRANT

Reaction score
ok cool, last year i didnt have chains and still made it to the top with a 4 place. was debating on wether i pick some chains up or not. thanks pano-dude

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok cool, last year i didnt have chains and still made it to the top with a 4 place. was debating on wether i pick some chains up or not. thanks pano-dude

Not having chains and a 4 place is kinda silly. But its not my trailer. Shold have taken a pic of the guy who drove off the edge last weekend with his 4 place.

Rode Forester on Sunday, it was socked in, not many people up, but still needs lots of snow. Most of all the creeks are open stil. We tried to fill in as many as we could :) Still some rocks that can be found easily. The meadows were somewhat filled up.

3-4 feet more and it would be pretty decent.

TARRANT

Reaction score
Not having chains and a 4 place is kinda silly. But its not my trailer. Shold have taken a pic of the guy who drove off the edge last weekend with his 4 place.

Rode Forester on Sunday, it was socked in, not many people up, but still needs lots of snow. Most of all the creeks are open stil. We tried to fill in as many as we could :) Still some rocks that can be found easily. The meadows were somewhat filled up.

Ya gonna have chains this year. last year was my first pull and first time going to forester. We are riding the 31-4. i hope they get some snow soon.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its definately sketchy going past the old mill with an enclosed if the road is in bad condition. Last year we made it half way up the hill and slid back down. might be the better option to go through invermere. Going to be back this year for the weekend right before new years.

TARRANT

Reaction score
its definately sketchy going past the old mill with an enclosed if the road is in bad condition. Last year we made it half way up the hill and slid back down. might be the better option to go through invermere. Going to be back this year for the weekend right before new years.

ya tell me about it. Im lucky and haul a fairly large slip tank so we had alot more traction then most, made it all the way to the top staging area. I dont wanna test my luck this time.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i heard someone took out a section of the bridge railing...... not sure that happened, roads in ok shape i thought. there is always some pow to be found, lots of nooks and crannys many people ride right by.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the bridge is okay, the railing isn't.

I think that was kids messing around though, likely in daddies car.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom