Follow up on my stolen Sled

sledhead65

Reaction score
Called the cops this morning as i was having coffee, bad connection due to internet.. had to get dad to call the detachment.. Sled still in Thorsby RCMP station waiting for the theft detail unit to arrive, (i guess they are swamped) the cop looked over the pics i mailed to him of the machine, he says there is no doubt there are too many similarities.. right down to the "on the trail" repair of the helmet visor wiring.

Kid it was seized from is contesting (kinda wish i strangled him when i had the chance) was at the station saying he bought it.. and he NEVER knew the seller.. turns out the seller has a record a arm length long and is under investigation now.. AND lives 6 miles (approx) from the buyer i wonder what is going to happen with all this.. hope the similarities on and off film is enough for me to get it back.. Gee that sled was fun..

Dad said the cop was snickering too .. there was a serial plate welded over the original serial location which was under a licence plate... but he has to wait for auto theft to remove the welded plate.. keep you guys posted..

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yea, Good Luck..... I Know A Fellow That Bought A Used Vehicle From A Dealership And Drove It For Several Years, Before The Registries And The Police Discovered The Vehicle Was Reported Stolen Years Before..... The Fellow Lost The Vehicle To The Police And He Was Out The Money For The Truck, And The Dealership Never Had To Help Out the Fellow, But they Did Give Him A Smokin' Deal On A New Truck -- FUNNY THING WAS, HE EVEN HAD A LIEN SEARCH DONE BY REGISTRIES, AND THE TRUCK APPARENTLY HAD A CLEAR TITLE???....
I Suspect The Kid Will Loose Whatever Money He Paid The Previous Guy, And It Will Be Up To Him To Recover Costs From The Previous Seller..... You Will Get Your Sled Back.
This Is Quite Interesting Though, So Keep Us Informed!!!!!!!!!!!;)

sledhead65

Reaction score
i just dont believe the kid.. i grew up in the calmar area and i knew everyone.. if i was to look in the school yearbook i could find them (buyer and seller) in some of the same classes.. you dont buy sleds with serial numbers welded over other numbers.. buyer beware at the very least.. i will keep u posted

Top Bottom