Fly Girl's Horse!!!

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Hi Boys and Girls, I just wanted to share my exciting news!!!! I bought a horse!!! It actually wasn't the one I had originally planned on. My husband and I were at a ranch for our anniversary and I met Quinn, it was love at first sight and now she is mine!!! She is an 8 year old Belgian mare, broke to drive and ride, she is a bit on the small side for a Belgian but for a riding horse she is huge! She is awesome under saddle and a lot of fun to play with on the ground, Can everyone see my silver lined cloud 9? So I have attached a picture and I am once again sending out HUGE THANK YOUS!!! to everyone who helped me get her!

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!!!!

HUGS FROM FLY

Attachments

• quinnandmel.jpg
    quinnandmel.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 71
  • HPIM4700.jpg
    HPIM4700.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 72
  • HPIM4715.jpg
    HPIM4715.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 74

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congratulations.
Be able to earn some oat money clearing the renshaw parking lot with her. :d

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
she is about 16.1 since I am 5'4 she is plenty tall enough for me! I am guessing at about 1800 pounds but I don't know for sure. She seems to be a nice wieght to size ratio, not over or under.... I am so excited!!! I cant wait to get her home!!! She is in Quesnel waiting for her coggins test and then she gets to come home!!! Now I just need to get her measured and get a saddle and bridle....wee

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!

Mel

Maybe if I use her to clear the Renshaw parking lot it will get done more often eh?

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a big girl!!! Hope she works out great! Keep us updated!!!!

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Thanks, I will use that link when I get her home, she will probably be a bit spoiled, I have a bath planned as first thing and then lots of fun and games, I am so excited. I also changed careers so I will have more time to hang out with her. I actually got a full time job working with horses on a local horse ranch so the hours allow a lot more time to spend with family and of course my wonderful new horse!!!! Which of course I will send updated pictures as I get them...he he he...so excited!!!!:d

Thanks
Fly

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Congratulations, glad to see you set a goal, worked hard and now it's paid off, many people could learn a thing or two from people like you....

Have fun and ride safe.

Ian:beer::d

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Job change!!! Are you still taking our money this winter?? Will miss that friendly greeting each morning. Nice horse enjoy but dont fall off that will hurt. Sure is a tall horse

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
holy moly..does that have a lift kit on it

Ok that's just too funny! Well she does have shoes on now maybe they put lifters in them?

I probably wont' be taking money too often this year, but I will still be managing the trail collectors for Rod most likely so I will still be here for you guys to complain to and I can keep everyone up to date on the trail conditions.

I'm just not that easy to get rid of!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
Fly

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Well I finally got Quinn home last Saturday, quite an ordeal for the poor girl, she got to go to the tack store where we happened to run into a pro saddle fitter then she went to the ranch I work on to see the dentist, then finally she got ridden home in the dark to her new home, a friends house where she is boarded. She is nicely settled in now with my friends percheron cross. Here are some updated pictures of her after her bath and with her new saddle and bridle!

I hope everyone is having a great summer and not to bad of withdrawls from the snow!

HUGE HUGS FROM FLYGIRL!:d

Attachments

• quinn with saddle.jpg
    quinn with saddle.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 70
  • quinn.jpg
    quinn.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 65

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Well I finally got Quinn home last Saturday, quite an ordeal for the poor girl, she got to go to the tack store where we happened to run into a pro saddle fitter then she went to the ranch I work on to see the dentist, then finally she got ridden home in the dark to her new home, a friends house where she is boarded. She is nicely settled in now with my friends percheron cross. Here are some updated pictures of her after her bath and with her new saddle and bridle!

I hope everyone is having a great summer and not to bad of withdrawls from the snow!

HUGE HUGS FROM FLYGIRL!:d

:) .... Ride On Young Lady !:Cool9::clap2:

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgot how big she was. You're going to need an elevator to get up there!

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Forgot how big she was. You're going to need an elevator to get up there!

She is a bit on the big side thats for sure, she is 16.2 hands and I am only 5'4 so I am not capable of jumping on from the ground, I can almost do it with the saddle, if I jump!

She is beautiful, got to ride around bareback in the fields yesterday, played for like 3 hours, nice thing about a Belgian mare, she is as comfy as a couch!

I only hope all you great guys know just how happy this girl is!!!! I just can't believe I finally got her!!!
YEAH!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Fly

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She is a bit on the big side thats for sure, she is 16.2 hands and I am only 5'4 so I am not capable of jumping on from the ground, I can almost do it with the saddle, if I jump!

She is beautiful, got to ride around bareback in the fields yesterday, played for like 3 hours, nice thing about a Belgian mare, she is as comfy as a couch!

I only hope all you great guys know just how happy this girl is!!!! I just can't believe I finally got her!!!
YEAH!!!
That a girl, my wife loves rodeo and I love to snowmobile but when you find what your passion is just do it, and let nobody stop you.

PS My theory is why ride just one horse when you can ride a hundred and fifty but to each there own.

By the way if there is a horse to own i'd say a heavy horse is the way to go, nice choice.

Top Bottom