A personal history. Not a fight.... Just bored. Please add your thoughts

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I finally know who road that sled up Turbo hill after all these years Lund.

(The first time i got to the top of Turbo was on my modified Yamaha Exciter around 1987-88.)

We started off with Elan 250, Olympia 340, Massy Ferguson 340, John Deere spit fire the cyclone, there might of been a ski-role in there plus 6 others I forgot about.

Went to work for 20 years till some co-worker mentioned riding the Mountains in BC, so a home made Indy 500 lead the way for 5 years followed by a 2005 800cc Doo, RMK 900, super charged Nitro, all the way back to Poo 550 fan cool, then finished up with 2 800 Doo's with 14 years living in the Mountains of BC,,, all of BC since I sledded 2 x's in Alberta.

Vince was getting going at hill climbs and Bacuss boys were soon to follow, Thunder Struck folks got going about the same time.
I didn't get a chance to follow what they we're doing since I was on a lets say long road trip of many years sledding much of BC less Whistler and Kitamat BC,,, lots in the summer time since it give me the whole area to my self/ summer time pals !

Spent lots of cash, had many a good times, helped many a folk with issues, made many friends, seen lots of hills and Mountains, wore down 1 new truck and 2 trailers, and learned to live with less... Did I mention the less is more, Ha.

Had a major close call 6 years ago I think, so I rapped up operation "No Snowmobile." Switch funds to American travel and finding slow relaxing hobbies that cost nill.
Snowmobiling was hard to give up on since it was me, and I was it, but we change with age, thoughts, family & friends that help us move into the next faze of life.

Lucky to of had a good run with most friends in tact, and that means more than anything. Some that I know are now gone !

I still walk the floors of the sled shows to chat with long time pals.

I'll always be the friend I was less the skis & track since the spirt of adventure never fades till my spark dims out.

Pal Don in small town Lacombe

Great post Lem, very true i have heard this from others also and i think i might be heading in the same direction. I've had my run.

BTW, i wasn't the first to climb turbo hill. In fact "climbing" isn't the right word as no one at the time could actually pull turbo chute. The power in the sleds just wasn't available.
You could though work your way up to the top via a different rout. There are numerous way's to go up to the top without pulling the chute.
Rumor has it though that the first sled to pull the turbo chute was a local resident on a Polaris. Late 80's early 90's, i think.
The first time i pull the chute was on a ThunderCat, winter of 98 i think, before that i saw Chad from CR pull it with his turbo 700 Cat.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neil and the crew from Boost-it are building the sickest mod sleds ever and are out "testing them" in Revy every weekend. just sayin.

The mod scene is is going better than ever, just look at the snow bike revolution.

Sounds like maybe you are just not as passionate about the sport as you once were? That's fine, sometimes in life people lose interest in things they once enjoyed.

But you can mod the chit out of these new sleds if you want.

You might be right on that.

Top Bottom