flat pack gas cans

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looked at them today and woundering if anybody uses them good or bad they are pricey. i could mount them on my cargo box and still keep the front rack clear for a chainsaw when needed......or beer cooler :beer::d

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: falt pack gas cans

I have never had one of these cans, but am thinking about it as well. I have heard good things about both Koplin & Rotopax fuel cans. I am thinking about them for the same reasons you are as well as keeping gas out of the box, leaving more room for other things.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I figure take one of the small ones(10L i belive) on monut it to the back of the seat box I have on the quad,may have to make my own mount but thats not a big deal.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

whats is the biggest pack flat gas can you can get '??? I like to pack around 20L of gas for going to roache lake in the summer like to have enuff to get up there and bomb around the lake some and then make sure we can get back to are trucks. any links ?

Rookie

Reaction score

i bought the koplin packs for my dad for his rinny and if you are thinking of just putting them on with the supplied strapping dont there always fallin off. but if you dont mind buyin something then adding a bunch of bungy straps it would be fine i guess. buddy has the koplins with the rack atttachment where they are standin up on the side, and held in place with the screw in grips. they work great. hope this helps guys.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

cool I was thinkin about going with the koplin ones with that attachment to stand them on the rack allways need extra rack space beer cooler and stuff take up a lot of room these days, flat pack should help out alot.

mudhunter

Reaction score

My friend has one on his machine, and after one of our last rides I am going to purchase one of em... Blasting through the snow I couldn't believe how much fuel we went through....:beer::beer:

Harvdogg

Reaction score

After seeing this post I went searching for these flat pack gas cans myself. They sell them a walmart and I believe they are under $100. Happy riding.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thannks man ill have to go check that out .... do you know if you can get the rack attachment for emm ??

deadmanwalking

Reaction score

Check out rotopax.com. I think there is a link to a canadian dealer.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I saw the coolest way to mount them a few years ago up at the Swan Hills Rally. Guy was driving a honda and had it on the back rack. What was cool was that he had gotten a second rack and spaced it just enough above the original rack so the gas can slid in between the two. That way u can load up your racks as usual and still have access for tying down as well as gettting the can without unloading everything off the top of it.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I liked the hard mounts. I backed into trees walls you name it no cracks dents and it was quite secure. Will have one on the new quad but might not need it as much as on the popo as she was a drinker.

Attachments

• gallery_602_32_44268.jpg
    gallery_602_32_44268.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 50
  • med_gallery_1685_43_29287.jpg
    med_gallery_1685_43_29287.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 59

give_it_all_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought one earlier this winter. Haven't put any gas in it yet but it seems pretty solid.

If you're willing, buy it from Royal Distributing. I got it for $100 or $105 to my door. It's $80+tax and shipping

JDB

Reaction score
I have 3 Kolpin 4 gal fuel packs for sale all brand new and in the box. These are the new version with rubber gaskets at the fill. Each one is $110. Email me at heymanhay@gmail.com if interested. I am near Edmonton.

Deeter

Reaction score
I have 2 of the two gallon Rotopax cans. I also have the Rotopax storage pack that I have mounted on top of the fuel ones. No leaks, very secure if you buy the proper mounts instead of using the velcro. IMO these are better then the Kolpins. No complaints what so ever. Great product.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try the Bass Shop in Calgary.... actually Balzac Just North of Calgary

T2lizzard

Reaction score
I've got a kolpin 12 Liter and I love it, had it for years and been run over, rolled over and backed into and still no leaks.

JDB

Reaction score
The Kolpin fuel packs are pricey but what's the cost of your quad worth? What sold me on these tanks is for carrying fuel they lie flat and can be well secured without comprimising space. The leaking problem that you hear about on other web forums is a non issue since the newer ones come with a gasket. You can use a cheaper version jerry can but realistically they are not designed very well to ride on your racks because they like to shift. A year ago I was quadding on some very rough bumpy terrain. It was constantly very rough. I had a small 2 gal jerry, rachet strapped and with bungy cord on my front rack. I thought I was okay. Well with all the rough riding and as good as the jerry was secured it still shifted. What happened is the S hook on the bungy started to rub on the underside of the jerry. In time it rubbed a hole inside the can. I could smell gas but looked and couldn't see anything wrong. Finally I stopped to take a real close look at everything. That's when I saw the gas dripping from jerry and directed to the top of the engine. I lost about a gal of fuel and was soooooo lucky that the quad did not catch on fire. After that I decided there must be a better way to carry extra fuel so I bought a Kolpin. They are designed for your rack. For those who wish to use the cheaper upright gas cans on your quad, be very very careful how they are secured and watch the rub points. I like them so much I bought a few extra and sold them to my friends.

Top Bottom