Fishing in Northern Ontario

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooo... It has always been a dream of mine to go to northern Ontario fishing for Musky, Bass, Trophy walleye and Pike. Im taking 2 weeks this summer and gonna go and just do it!

I'm just wondering if any of you folks here have ever been? Are there any places you might recomend? I have a few places in mind but its nice to here from some peeps with first hand experience.

Thanks MMM

wiseguy

Reaction score
I spent a year working in Kenora a few years ago and did tons of fishing around there. Got to be good friends with some locals and they would take me all over that area. Fished lots on Lake of the Woods and did a few fly in trips up past Red Lake. I know that's not the North, but fishing Ontario is a blast cause there's so many species of fish.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooo... It has always been a dream of mine to go to northern Ontario fishing for Musky, Bass, Trophy walleye and Pike. Im taking 2 weeks this summer and gonna go and just do it!

I'm just wondering if any of you folks here have ever been? Are there any places you might recomend? I have a few places in mind but its nice to here from some peeps with first hand experience.

Thanks MMM

Soooo jealous. Always hit northern sask but would like to try Ontario one day too.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent a year working in Kenora a few years ago and did tons of fishing around there. Got to be good friends with some locals and they would take me all over that area. Fished lots on Lake of the Woods and did a few fly in trips up past Red Lake. I know that's not the North, but fishing Ontario is a blast cause there's so many species of fish.

Ya I know what u mean by not being way north. I dont need to go way north. There are so many places that are more central. I'm thinking of hitting Lake Nipissing and might go for a couple days guided on the Ottawa River for muskie. They guarantee at least a 50" fish or the day is free! and then i might hit the Red River for monster catfish! then hit the narrows at manitoba lake for trophy walleye... It should be quite the trip.

My biggest issue right now.... NOBODY WANTS TO COME WITH ME!!! and Im paying for the fishing and lodging! people are getting so boring and lazy!

Top Bottom