Enclosed Trailer furnace install recommendations

Treerider

Reaction score
Just looking for any recommendations of companies for getting a trailer furnace and infrastructure installed.

Have been checking around and reading postings/reviews the last while.

Trailer is ready to get booked in when appointment is available.

I have heard about Stone RV in Whitecourt / Red Deer RV / Nyback RV in Camrose.

Any others that any of you can recommend from personal experience?

Prefer business recommendations that have a shop and actual business hours versus having it worked on by "when I get home from my day job" Individuals.

No offence, but I have waited around far to many times for folks that have to much going on. Good intentions and do good work, but just run out of time at the end of the day.

I have decided to not pursue this project myself.

Already have the propane furnace / 2 - 6 volt batterie / 2 - 30 lbs propane bottles and mounted box. Looking at picking up wall mount furnace box and 60 watt Powermax charger/convertor.

Thanks.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want the best of the best craftsmanship and furnace box call Dean @ DSW in Red Deer he is the best but not cheap.

Treerider

Reaction score
If you want the best of the best craftsmanship and furnace box call Dean @ DSW in Red Deer he is the best but not cheap.
I was leaning towards DSW furnace box. Seen them in alot of trailers and checked them out at Allandale. Well built.

Yes, they are pricey, but seems to be the the common theme these days!

I think last summer they were $489.00 and now they are $589!

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Red Deer RV has done a ton of trailers. They can also supply the aluminum boxes, and underslung propane tanks.

Treerider

Reaction score
You thought about diesel heaters?
Checked into the diesel heaters the last year, but I wasn't quite convinced to go ahead with one.

Liked the price point, relative ease of install, etc of the smaller diesel heaters.

After seeing your trailer setup, may have inspired me more to go the diesel route.

Just wanted the proven Suburban setup and the 42k heat source. Got a reasonable price on the furnace.

As you know, anything worth while in this sport is going to cost abit of $$!!

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked into the diesel heaters the last year, but I wasn't quite convinced to go ahead with one.

Liked the price point, relative ease of install, etc of the smaller diesel heaters.

After seeing your trailer setup, may have inspired me more to go the diesel route.

Just wanted the proven Suburban setup and the 42k heat source. Got a reasonable price on the furnace.

As you know, anything worth while in this sport is going to cost abit of $$!!
Used mine this weekend worked wicked, floor was dry in the morning. Not having to look for and fill propane is a big plus and with a 52 liter tank I should get 3 trips before i need to top it up.

Treerider

Reaction score
Used mine this weekend worked wicked, floor was dry in the morning. Not having to look for and fill propane is a big plus and with a 52 liter tank I should get 3 trips before i need to top it up.
Nice!

I had the covered tank rack built for 2 - 30 lbs bottles so I wouldn't be looking for mid trip fills.

Also had no room on the front hitch so it is mounted on the curbside of the V.

Usually only out for 3 - 4 day trips.

Treerider

Reaction score
Top Bottom