First trip to Blue River

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Three of us are comming out to Blue River next weekend for 3 days of riding.(fri.Feb.26th-sun.Feb28th) Staying at Glacier Mountain Lodge in Blue River.
Just looking for any recomendations on some riding areas to checkout and directions.Cheers:beer:

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
id say finn creek and salmon for sure (deep snow in samlon) you can spend a week in salmon and still find mind more area to explore

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the trail easy to follow in (clearly marked) or is just what ever way you can get through?All of us have been riding for a few years. We are comfortable with some tougher terain. Thanks for the heads up.:beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its pretty defined its not that its hard....its just that its one sled width and with some steep corner sections it can get trenched out pretty easily.......

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had a kid in our group that was 13 on a crossfire 6 get to the back into salmon....its a little sketchy and the trail it rough and gets trenched out easy......there is a couple areas you need to take a run at it or you will just trench out and get stuck and then the rest of the group will be screwed. We had two guys throwing snow in the trench as people went up one by one one you get into the trees after the narrow trail......its hard to explain but you have to do a hard left and go up and there is two loops to get to it.....we took the lower loop to get a better run at it.

but Bill at Glacier will help you out alot, hes a great guy. We had a guy with a 07 iq with a 03 ves 800 in it and the valves were still aluminum and one stripped and he went out of his way to get it fixed. he took one guy in his truck to a guys shop and used a drill press to drill out the nut and valve to put a piece of wire on it to hold it together for the rest of the trip.

And he was the one to point out salmon to us and it seemed like a long ride to get there but the snow was worth it.

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the staging areas easy to find or are they off the beatin path a little. Are there any maps available?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol i think i ran into you guys in salmon. we stopped by a group with a bunch of polaris machines...shortones...

there was 4 iqs in our group of 16 and they were 2 144s 1 146 and 1 155(mine)

the other shortys were a xp 137 and a cat 136 and a gen 2 141. the rest were cats and xps 153-162s

the craziest thing was seeing a pro x 600 121 on the mountain............

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the staging areas easy to find or are they off the beatin path a little. Are there any maps available?

Staging areas are pretty easy to find as they are all right off the highway...If you are looking for some decent maps to the areas and some quick directions stop in @ Glacier Lodge or Holy Smoke Inn and they will give you all the info you need to have a great day of riding.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trail into salmon is not too bad unless there is lots of fresh. Me and a buddy took our wives in there and they are by no means advanced riders. They found it worse coming down and out than they did up and in. Some tight single track pokes through the trees.

Top Bottom