First Ride for 2022 on the Matryx Boost 165

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice video what a great friggn day not much stopping all fuel burnt. Would have liked to compare sleds a little more but just having wayyy too much fun lol
Agreed. Next time. Was nice to get out and ride. Burnt 45+ litres.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dragonweld 28 How do you like that boost compared to your 800 axys turbo?
I didn't have enough race fuel that day and was detonating so had to run 5psi. They felt very similar in power, but the 800 has way more traction with the 175 3". I couldn't follow it with my boost. I would have to take a second run to pull the same hill. The new tunnel, tank and panel work make the Matryx feel so nimble, i was very confident with it right away. Over all im quite happy with it. Still a bit jaded with the price of it, when it cost me 17K to build my 800 and the 800 is faster. Is the Boost worth $6500 more..... tough call.

My 800 is for sale is any wants a strong running turbo 800 with low km (400) with lots of goodies.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't have enough race fuel that day and was detonating so had to run 5psi. They felt very similar in power, but the 800 has way more traction with the 175 3". I couldn't follow it with my boost. I would have to take a second run to pull the same hill. The new tunnel, tank and panel work make the Matryx feel so nimble, i was very confident with it right away. Over all im quite happy with it. Still a bit jaded with the price of it, when it cost me 17K to build my 800 and the 800 is faster. Is the Boost worth $6500 more..... tough call.

My 800 is for sale is any wants a strong running turbo 800 with low km (400) with lots of goodies.
Put that 175 on that boost and it will leave that 800 behind.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How do you have your suspension set up? Front end looks nice and light.
I just have the crappy monotube shocks, with the springs as tight at they will go. Except for the front one on the rear suspension. That stays loose to help keep the front end down.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great video. It will be interesting to see the side by side comparison with the T Doo.
Looks like Chrisco did not receive his Boost yet?

Top Bottom