first ride 09 xpx

Dzl

Reaction score
Took my 09 Gade out for it's first rip today. 3.5" of sag with no fuel can and springs set on 5. Was the only thing I wasn't impressed with. I'm going to have a lot of fun on that baby...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP rep told my dealer that the sag is measured from the rear mounting point of the skid to the bumper stop on the rail, and when your fully equipped and all you gear on, and the suspension set to where you feel comfortable riding. the measurement should be no less than 6 inches.
I believe this is a crock of shat, because they had no answer as to why the suspension won't return to neutral after all the weight is off the sled.
Has anyone else heard this?

W

woodies

Attachments

• nudeguy.jpg
    nudeguy.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 74

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not what the owners manual says....
That's for setting you ride height to your weight, i'm talking about the sagging issue of the rear suspension, BRP said if it is less than 6 inches from the mesurement that I gave you, than they will deal with it.
First you set your ride height than check the measurment instructions I posted earlier.
I didn't say I agreed with Brp's answer, I'm just sharing the info I was told.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took my 09 Gade out for it's first rip today. 3.5" of sag with no fuel can and springs set on 5. Was the only thing I wasn't impressed with. I'm going to have a lot of fun on that baby...

I have that while the sled sits on the shop floor, If I stand on it's almost 6"

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i thought it was waking up
on trail wot about 8100 but now on pulls 71-7400 on tack some one posted something about checking a solenoid with a 9 volt battery Capper was that you and if so can you repost have about 25 hrs now it should be well broke in
my 08 everest seem like a better sled ?????

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i thought it was waking up
on trail wot about 8100 but now on pulls 71-7400 on tack some one posted something about checking a solenoid with a 9 volt battery Capper was that you and if so can you repost have about 25 hrs now it should be well broke in
my 08 everest seem like a better sled ?????
Sounds like your DPM solenoid is acting up, there is a TSB out for this problem.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any body else having rear suspension issues with their new x
what are your dealers saying????

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Changing shocks won't help the sag. If you weigh more than 185lbs and/or carry a fuel caddy, you need heavier springs. Easy fix...cheap. Dealer/warrantee will not help you.

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Nice looking Garage the Dave....lots of cool toys.
Changing shocks won't help the sag. If you weigh more than 185lbs and/or carry a fuel caddy, you need heavier springs. Easy fix...cheap. Dealer/warrantee will not help you.

Super Heavys (400-600lb capacity): PN# 503191892 RH spring, PN# 503191893 LH spring

The ones I use: PN#503191616, PN#503191617. I'm 300lbs with gear, plus carry a fuel caddy and a tunnel bag....these springs are perfect.

tracey

Reaction score
Boys there is a spacer that you can buy for the xpx that go's on the shaft where the spring sit's this will help the problum i put them in my 08 they helped i have no sake at all when i get off the sled it comes to the top of the springs i am set on the strongest setting
i hop this helps you

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks dave order the heavier springs last week in your pic looks like you raised your tunnel abit are these the billet brackets from tricked out toys in ont.

i am thinking about getting the cnc instructors at sait in volved to see if we cant re-invent the wheel for doo

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those drop brackets are from Smitty's Speed Works. Go on "Doo Talk" and send "Smitty" a PM to get these....nice piece. I also dropped the front of the skid down 7/8 of an inch.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the advantages to the dropped skid? I am assuming more clearance for the running boards so you can trench deeper without getting hung up. What are the prices for the drop brackets? Thanks.

Top Bottom