first ride 09 xpx

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the advantages to the dropped skid? I am assuming more clearance for the running boards so you can trench deeper without getting hung up. What are the prices for the drop brackets? Thanks.

i think thats supposed to be the big gain. only thing i dont like that is it increases the approach angle of the track and shifts more weight foreward, which is already bad enough on an XP... IMO

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, by dropping the back and the front like I have done, it lightens the front up a TON. Dropping only the rear will increase ski pressure. Lots of guys loosening the front limiter and cranking up the front shock to lighten up the front end....works, but you pay with a poorly functioning suspension. My rig climbs with the skis juuuust off the snow all the way.

Smittys800

Reaction score
Dave,
Glad to hear the Drops are working well for ya!!
Hows the snow in your neck of da woods, might conside a road trip soon!!
Smitty

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave,
Glad to hear the Drops are working well for ya!!
Hows the snow in your neck of da woods, might conside a road trip soon!!
Smitty

Well, my neck of the woods is flatland Alberta....not much snow. But my stompin grounds is Revelstoke (5.5 hr drive) and conditions are great. I've actually taken the last 3 weekends off due to the high avy danger. Gonna head up next weekend for some careful fun!

eddy47

Reaction score
Hey I am riding a 09 XP to. My sleds RPM has been Around 8300 to 8200 from day one. Never seen any diffrence from the chip they tell you about. Played with the clickers on the first few rides but nothing eles. pulls hard. But lots of other problems

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Start a new thread and list your problems....lets get 'em figured out.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dave the heavy duty springs are to short for the 163 i am going to reorder the ones you use just to let everyone know

Thanks again

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geeze....sorry for the fumble. I posted those other numbers as they were the ones other guys were apparently ordering on another web forum (Dootalk). But the numbers I posted that I bought are straight off the bill.....they better be right!

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also heading to revy this week end should get to gether at zalas and i will buy you a drink and compare notes i relocated the guide holes for the spring guides and also think this may help i will post some pics before the weekend if i can get home before dark this week try to have it up by thursday afternoon

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry boys hre is the pics of the moved spring guides seemed to help as sled would come back to neutral when i took my but off the sled

Attachments

• 100_0579.jpg
    100_0579.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_0580.jpg
    100_0580.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 50

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some more sad news check motor mount bolt on brake side behind starter
was riding on sat up viedman my buddy on his 08/154 hammered the throttle on little bump on trail no warning motor mount bolt sheared behind starter and shredded his primary and secondary as the motor tourqed up not good outer shive on secondary looks like it was bevelled by a fitter and outer half of primary looks like a meatgrinder his sled has 900 kilometers on it have not heard of this happing on any site so far takes about 10 minutes to loosen off the starter ,push it out of way to check bolt did this to mine on trail after inspecting the damage on his

good luck guys we will see what BRP has to say about this on tuesday

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard of the mount breaking (once) but this is the first I've heard of the bolt breaking or coming loose. Good tip....I'll check mine out.

Rode Griffen last weekend....great ride both days. I would have tried to hook up with you, but I never realized I was going to go until Friday afternoon.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so 08/154 dropped at bow south they say this is a first for them re motor mount bolt wont have it apart until friday but i will keep you posted and updated as this thing unfolds

wished i had taken pics as the split second damage was amazing considering the rider got off the throttle and on the brake almost instantly

buy the way thanks to Pete and the boys at sled shed for taking the time to have a look

i had forgot how much stuff he has in that shop

Revy locals that go out of thier way to help strangers are awesome:beer::beer:

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so far no issues on the warrenty work for my buddies 08/154 now just waiting on the parts

someone told me about another one but cant remember where probably doo talk never been to that site to check so if you have any info post away

thanks guys
Blair

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well doo fans i spoke too soon as to the no warrenty issues for my buddie

it seems rear mount on motor let go first (probably weak in the first place) causing front clutch side mount to fail

1 year bumper to bumper over dec 13 /08
2year B.E.S.T not even worth the paper it is written on

so far all parts in, BRP wiggiling on warrenty mount bolts part of frame not covered after 1 yr although bolts go into motor (BULLsh*&^%$T )

come on BRP Buck up where is your good will put this guys sled back together and cover it and maybe he will tell 2 friends and so on and so on
Bach on warrenty and you know what the response will be he will tell 10 friends and so on and so on and you will lose a customer or 2 or 4 or 10 and so and so on

Doo the right thing

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just re posting so cuso can find the thread easier

cheers fellow sledders

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just to keep Daveb smiling

Attachments

• borrowed turbo.jpg
    borrowed turbo.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 285
  • blair scoping it out.jpg
    blair scoping it out.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 47
  • up up.jpg
    up up.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 46
  • & away.jpg
    & away.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 43

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hehehe...good pics. Turbo hill?

I've been out 13 weekends this winter....think I'm gonna pack it for the season pretty quick.

Top Bottom